Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having issues with WYSIWYG editor and Firebird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having issues with WYSIWYG editor and Firebird?

I have Firebird 0.7, and this morning it seems to have stopped working here.

Anyone else having this issue? I switched to the standard editor in the mean time. (btw, smilies don't get inserted in the standard editor )
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

working here using
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

Go to Tools > JavaScript Console and open that. Clear it if there is anything there and then go to the reply page.

vB.com has been severed from CVS for about a month now, no changes have been made since then.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'm too lazy to type them out, so here's a screenie

Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

It's worked fine ever since I upgraded Firebird, and I haven't changed anything, so I wonder what happened.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's working with my 2K box, I will check my XP box again...

Comment

its Firebird's cache either clear it or on a vBulletn page hit ctrl+f5
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I had problems this morning as well, I would click the quick reply button and it would take me to a new reply screen and even then I couldn't type. It's working now, though.

Comment

definately no changes happened here.

CVS is on a completely different server from the webserver now.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

No clue what it was but it's fixed now so no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                  I had problems this morning as well, I would click the quick reply button and it would take me to a new reply screen and even then I couldn't type. It's working now, though.
                  I'm using Mozillia Firebird now (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030516 Mozilla Firebird/0.6).

When I click the quick reply button next to a post, I'm taken to the full reply screen rather then activating the quick reply box. I however have no problems typing a message in the full reply screen.

Comment

hmmmm, just started to work again

Comment

**assures no changes**

There is a couple of bugs in Mozilla which can break wysiwyg until the browser is restarted.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I've had those issues as well. Right now I'm replying from Internet Explorer. I know that this isn't just my own computer, because the one at work was having this problem as well. My issues are with Mozilla.

And yeah, the quick reply button actually takes me to the full post reply screen, where I can't post anything.

If it's a bug, why did this just start happening? I haven't had any problems at all with this before.
                        | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                        |
                        Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Well I can 100% assure you that nothing has changed here. The cvs server is in a different data centre from the web server.

Best thing to do is to go to Tool > JavaScript Console and look for errors.

I know the firebird cache has been known to act up, a quick ctrl+f5 or a clear cache usually fixes it.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I can see why Mozilla's WYSIWYG is such a pain.

Things are back to normal after clearing the cache.

Weird bug

Comment

Thanks for the quick fix.
                              | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                              |
                              Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X