no access to this vbulletin servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no access to this vbulletin servers

i read in the announcements about the current ddos attacks and the banning of IP's. i don't see a specific thread about so i am posting here.

currently the only way i can access is by using/finding public proxies to get here. my ISP optusnet cable provider uses transparent proxy which is : 211.29.136.13 (webcache03.mas.optusnet.com.au) and my direct IP : 210.49.65.244 also has been blocked from the vbulletin servers.

will these IP's be unblocked soon?

Yes, at the moment the vBulletin Team and Ventures Online are working to try and restore service to all vBulletin Customers.

Hopefully if they find the Attacker they can un-block your Internet Service Provider's Proxy and your Direct IP.
    Last edited by Brian Briscoe; Tue 11 Nov '03, 9:13am. Reason: darn spelling errors... ;)

Comment

If you are still blocked, please send an email to [email protected].
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i have access again now. thanks

Comment

I haven't been able to access vbulletin.com for at least the past week, and my VBB license expired today. I was still unable to access the web site to renew. I just got in and renewed it after having to hook in a dial-up modem and dialing in. I still cannot access the site from my work's T1 or my home's DSL connection. Kinda sucks.

I'll send an e-mail to [email protected] as well.
          Administrator, TCH Racing
          http://www.tchracing.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            If you are still blocked, please send an email to [email protected].
            I'm still blocked. Just sent an email to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten
              I'm still blocked. Just sent an email to support.
              Fixed now. Thanks!

Comment

i got blocked again too, but today i have access again

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo
                  i got blocked again too, but today i have access again
                  You got blocked again after you were unblocked?

Comment

FWIW it reinstitute the blocks whenever we come under attack again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

FWIW it reinstitute the blocks whenever we come under attack again.
                      So, I am assuming the attacker has still not been caught yet?

Comment

Sorry, are you serious?

Edit: That sounded more rude than I intended. There are no easy ways to 'catch' someone behind a DDoS attack. Here's an interesting article to read:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=3805777

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

it may not have been my specific IP , it might have been an IP my ISP goes through to get to vblulletin.com just before vbulletin.com

Comment

Sorry, are you serious?

Edit: That sounded more rude than I intended. There are no easy ways to 'catch' someone behind a DDoS attack. Here's an interesting article to read:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=3805777
                            Its ok, Im sorry, I havent really read up on DDoS attacks before, thanks for the link though.

Comment

We had to implement some emergency class A IP bans that were left in until we had identified each individual IP address and banned them.

Any more problems just email [email protected] with your current IP within it.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X