VB.org what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenon
    If you do so, this will become and endless loop.
    As wayne already said we have no possibility to check a customers account ourself, so all we can do is to lead you back to the vbulletin.com site, and explain what to do there.
    However presumably you have Admin status there (I don't.) You can manually change someone's status after confirming with us or by seeing a post by them on these forums that indicates they are licensed.

Frankly I have to manually change 2 or 3 accounts a day on these forums as well.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah but wont they then be licensed forever, even if they sell the license?

Well i think i'll code a small script so you can change licensestats as well on vb.org, this would be the fastest way
      The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        However presumably you have Admin status there (I don't.) You can manually change someone's status after confirming with us or by seeing a post by them on these forums that indicates they are licensed.

Frankly I have to manually change 2 or 3 accounts a day on these forums as well.
        By the way, neither Xenon nor I can see whether a person is licensed here at vB.com - only at vB.org. This is because we are not staff here.

Comment

This person is licensed.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
            By the way, neither Xenon nor I can see whether a person is licensed here at vB.com - only at vB.org. This is because we are not staff here.
            But you can see if they have posted on one of the forums restricted to licensed members. That's what I meant.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see... I have no idea which forums are restricted to licensed members to be honest, but I will keep it in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                I see... I have no idea which forums are restricted to licensed members to be honest, but I will keep it in mind.
                Offhand they are the 'How Do I', Troubling-Shooting, Installation and Graphics forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  This person is licensed.
                  Yep
                  Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

Just out of general interest, How comes say Admins of this site dont have Admin status on vB.org if they kind of own it? Is it just because you would rather focus on this site? Also i hope that guy gets his account sorted out because vBulletin.org RULES!!!

Comment

vb is the sponsor of vb.org, john is the owner of vb, john is an administrator @ vb.org, no need for the other vb team members to be an admin on that site....
                      Originally Posted by Zachery
                      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Kier is an admin too.(last time I looked)
                        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X