VB.org what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB.org what gives?

I dont know if this is the spot for this but. What gives with this site? Ive tried for 3 days to get in, and cant do anything. Are they part of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Strange setup if you ask me. And all I want to do is see the hacks they have. Ahh off to another rant.
    Louis| Techieville.com

I have no problem accessing vbulletin.org. What happens when you try?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I have no problem accessing vbulletin.org. What happens when you try?
      Im logged in but cannot post/reply/see anything keep getting that you are not authorized box.

Also tried to reactivate account BUT keeps saying the email is incorrect. Also saying Im not licensed go here to add email did that. <-- This is why I ask if they are one in the same?

So as of now still nothing.
      Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

To have access to vbulletin.org you need to enter the email address you used to register at vbulletin.org on this page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php

There have been some reports that this is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it *exactly* as registered.

If you still have problems you'll need to contact them directly for help. You can do this by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link on that site.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There are also reports that the form only works when you enter your email address in ALL THREE spaces. Weird, but true.

Comment

To have access to vbulletin.org you need to enter the email address you used to register at vbulletin.org on this page:

There have been some reports that this is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it *exactly* as registered.

If you still have problems you'll need to contact them directly for help. You can do this by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link on that site.
            I sent them an email 3 days ago! No reply. But to be clear I was not coming here to ask for assitance, I know the drill, But coming here to find out/rant about it (chit chat).

I did not use the same emai initially but changed it.

Steve can you tell me if they are one in the same? VB.com & VB.org? As I do not feel comfortable giving info to others if they dont need it! Thanks No biggie there are other forums along the same line, if this contunes to be a pain.

-Louis
            Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
              There are also reports that the form only works when you enter your email address in ALL THREE spaces. Weird, but true.
              I can vouch for that, only worked for me when I did it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by louisl
                Steve can you tell me if they are one in the same? VB.com & VB.org? As I do not feel comfortable giving info to others if they dont need it! Thanks No biggie there are other forums along the same line, if this contunes to be a pain.
                vBulletin.org is sponsored and supported by Jelsoft, the owners of vBulletin. They never have access to any of your customer information. They are hosted on the same server as vBulletin.com as well.

They use an api which automatically returns either true or false when submitting your email address to the system to see if you are a licensed user. They never see the actual customer account.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  They use an api which automatically returns either true or false when submitting your email address to the system to see if you are a licensed user. They never see the actual customer account.
                  Not to hijack a thread... but it would be great if there was some sort of indicator in the vB.com and vB.org postbits showing whether or not a user was a licensed customer.

Often I see threads where someone asks for help and one or two people will begin answering their question, only to have a moderator interrupt the thread with the usual request that the person register here on vB.com for support.

If there was a small conditional blurb in the postbit_userinfo both on vB.com and .org, it would cut down on a lot of that sort of thing.

Feel free to spin this off into a suggestions thread if you feel that it warrants further consideration.

Comment

We have had this talk many times and decided this status should be visible to staff only for privacy reasons.

If someone asks for help with their vBulletin in a non-restrictive forum (Chit Chat, Pre-sales, Site Feedback) it is safe to assume they are non-licensed.

Wayne Luke

Comment

We have had this talk many times and decided this status should be visible to staff only for privacy reasons.

If someone asks for help with their vBulletin in a non-restrictive forum (Chit Chat, Pre-sales, Site Feedback) it is safe to assume they are non-licensed.
                      yes, but, mind explaining why? WHY would you want to hide you are a customer if you post here? WHY would you want to hide if you are NOT a customer?

mind explaining WHY it is visible to staff only?
                      A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

I told you why... The powers that be decided it would be a privacy issue which they didn't want to broach.

Frankly, it is a business policy and as such that is all the explanation you need.

Wayne Luke

Comment

vBulletin.org is sponsored and supported by Jelsoft, the owners of vBulletin. They never have access to any of your customer information. They are hosted on the same server as vBulletin.com as well.

Wayne Thanks... But 3 days to get an email? If the system is querky it should be made clear for new users of that forum, as well as new licensee's like myself. although I did not hang around the site to long, I did not see an indication that they are "sponsored and supported by jelsoft." this is why I asked.

Again seemed stange to me that's all. Again it seems to not know who I am, in any case I will lookat the area's a mentioned, and see if this works. Thank you

-Louis
                          Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

If you do so, this will become and endless loop.
                            As wayne already said we have no possibility to check a customers account ourself, so all we can do is to lead you back to the vbulletin.com site, and explain what to do there.

I don't know why there are so much users having problems with the api.
                            I never had any with my test accounts, i just have to enter the mail into one slot, make sure the case of the email is right, and my Account on vb.org gots updated immediately.
                            The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Xenon
                              I don't know why there are so much users having problems with the api.
                              I never had any with my test accounts, i just have to enter the mail into one slot, make sure the case of the email is right, and my Account on vb.org gots updated immediately.
                              As mentioned I will check things on my end again to make sure things are correct, and where they should be. But I did go through the motions, and no reply. That's what seemed odd to me. Again it goes beyond just adding my email, "I cant do anyhting there!" Like posting this message there instead of here... thats the problem.
                              Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X