Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download...

Hello.

Since I am on 56k(no other connection possible in my area) with very bad upload speed,I would like to see the following.

I've got a dedicated server,and I want so vBulletin could be downloaded as customer[email protected]/members/file.tar.gz so then I can unpack and copy it to my folder.

Also,it would be cool with a script which automatically untar's and copies it.

Take care

It's been quite a few years since I was on a 56k connection, but I fail to see the real issue here.. The packed source-files of vBulletin aren't that big, it will take a few minutes at most to move it on a 56k connection. Add to that the added security (for both the customer and Jelsoft) of transferring the file to the customer rather than a 3rd party location, and you'd be hard-pressed to justify what you are asking.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

It needed 80 minutes for me,and I got disconnect 6 times :|

Comment

Originally posted by GJoz
        It needed 80 minutes for me,and I got disconnect 6 times :|
        Err.. Then something had to be very off.. How big is that file? On a 56k you'll get 5.6k/s transfer-rate optimally. It should take under an hour, seriously.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

But as i told,my upload speed is very bad...

Comment

you can use lynx from the command line to browser the vBulletin.com members area.

lynx http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Good idea,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                you can use lynx from the command line to browser the vBulletin.com members area.

lynx http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
                What is the linux command line to download latest vb build direct to linux server? Thanks!
                Larry Eitel - Administrator & Webmaster
                NoBlood.org
                Transfusion Alternatives and Blood Management

Comment

lynx http://members.vbulletin.com/
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by GJoz
                    Hello.

Since I am on 56k(no other connection possible in my area) with very bad upload speed,I would like to see the following.

I've got a dedicated server,and I want so vBulletin could be downloaded as customer[email protected]/members/file.tar.gz so then I can unpack and copy it to my folder.

Also,it would be cool with a script which automatically untar's and copies it.

Take care
                    You are showing up unlicensed right now.. Please set yourself up for priority support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X