No announcement yet.

PM from Steven De Mello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should we do when we get these type of spam PM's? Not all of them are "give us your lisence" things, but should general spam be reported as well?

Comment

Just forward them on to any staff member and we'll take care of it.

Comment

hehe, weird thing is it'd seem that the guy was trying to use the COO of ezBoard's name for it. Which is why this thread caught my eye. But I can pretty much guarantee that Steve (of the ezBoard fame) has much better spelling and grammar than that.
        FFAddicts: [site|forums]

Comment

ROFL - one would almost fall for it, huh.

Come on, if the vB staff members had this guy's spelling abilities, I'd break down, cry and immediately donate my license to the Red Cross.

Comment

waht is rong wit mi speeling?
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Dunno. I ca'nnt see enny problams theire.

Speaking of phonies, I got this email yesterday...

Dear Sir,

I am Dr. ( Mrs.) Mariam Abacha wife to the late Nigerian Head of State. General Sani Abacha who died on 8th of June 1998 while on active duty. I am contacting you in view of the fact that we will, be of great assistance to each other, like wise developing a cordial business relationship.

I currently have the sum of a thirty seven million United States Dollars [$37,000,000.00] cash, which I intend to use for investment purposes specifically in your country. This money came as a result of a pay back contract deal between my late husband and a Russian firm on our country's multi- billon dollar Ajaokuta Steel Plant.

The Russian Partners returned my husband's share of a thirty seven million USD, after the death of my husband and lodged it with a Security Company in Europe. In view of these, Due to the current situation in the country concerning Government's attitude towards my family, it has become quite impossible for me to make use of this money within. Thus, I seek your assistance to claim this money on my behalf and make good use of it regarding investements in your country on your consent, I shall expect you to contact me urgently to enable us discuss in details about this transaction.

Bearing in mind that your assistance is needed to claim this fund. I propose a commission of twenty percent{20%} of the total sum to you for the expected services and assistance. Your urgent response is highly needed. All correspondence must be through our family personal Attorney Barrister Charles Ayodele on Tel/Fax No.: 234-803-3015113,

I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinarily confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response on alternative email [email protected]

Best regards

Mrs. Mariam. Abacha (DR)
              Can you believe people are still trying this one?

Comment

Damn! It was a late night and I actually sent the info to him thinking he was working on one of my bulletin problems! What should I do? When I logged into my member's area today, there was an additional approved user that I didn't approve:

[email protected]

I removed it as an approved user. Anything else I should check?

Comment

Submit a support ticket and have them change your customer number and password.

Comment

Its ok, he was warned by his ISP and we also received an email from his father. I doubt he'll be causing too much trouble.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      Its ok, he was warned by his ISP and we also received an email from his father. I doubt he'll be causing too much trouble.

lol if his dad sent you an email you can bet he isnt best pleased with 'little jonny'.......

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
                        lol if his dad sent you an email you can bet he isnt best pleased with 'little jonny'.......
                        Dang...if his dad got involved, I can certainly say that he probably wasn't too pleased.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

مشكور
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alshehi
                            مشكور
                            ???

Comment

¿Qué?
                              Sig? What sig?

Comment

my post was deleted, where's the humor around here

i think only an idiot will give out their private info.. its like giving out your credit card number.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X