No announcement yet.

Admin Demo been hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one comment on the admin demo, remove the logged ip's from the admin log, or disable the admin log. Because, as stated before, script kiddies and other wannab hackers go in. Might think it's a laugh to "hack" those "idiots" that log in and have their ip's logged.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

It's jealous people who take all of this far too seriously. It's very unlikely that anyone from any of vBulletin's competitors actually went and did this. It's more-likely someone who has so much pride in another message board that they're actually personally angry with Jelsoft for having something better. That's when the obsession has gone too far...

I'll admit - I'm somewhat obsessed (www.80sxchange.com, www.cadillacforums.com, www.deerparkavenue.com, and others soon to come) - but I don't take it personally...
      My vBulletin Forums:
      cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

ok lets not forget that its a demo. no one wants a hard demo. they want to input a user and a pass thats given to them and play. we have a vb and know how to use it. but at the same time all everyone wanted to do was play with the vb3 cp so its kinda the same way with these ppl but they act more childish. so just have the database reset every 15 mins or so

Comment

Resetting the database logs users out of the control panel, so it's rather inconvienent.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            It gets "hacked" a lot. The problem is it's not quite hacking given that the admin password is given in clear text. But the 12 year olds get joy out of it
            Agreed. They cant afford such a piece of kit. So, they'll do this. Little did they know of the power of 'Reset'!

Comment

I'm 13 and I've got a license

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                Theoretically possible by creating a database for that user based on the sessionid. Of course it would have to have a session count limit to prevent people from flooding it and then just filling up the entire server with junk databases.
                God forbid Filburt! Imagine if some idiot DoS the admindemo area....it might crash the server :-X
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X