• Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That's quite enough of that.

Leave a comment:

• stanmxl
    replied
    Well, as someone who is "no longer supported by mommy or daddy", I agree with him.

Leave a comment:

• Boeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Blink|vB
    Dude, don't get all *****y because people wont do stuff for you, look on vb.org, there is probably a code mod for this so it does not go above the first one (I know there is on to do this on the postbit) :P

Why do you want this so bad anyway? is is a little graphic
    Judging from the quality of your writing, I can see that you are a pubescent. Let me give you some insight; when you have invested your own personal wealth and time (the most important commodity) in a venture where, in this case, the integration of your message board into your site can be made or broken based entirely on one "little graphic", you too, will feel just as frustrated when after weeks of politely asking, no help is forthcoming.

Perhaps when you're no longer supported by mommy and daddy and must earn your own keep like the rest of us, you'll understand just how precious time really is.

Leave a comment:

• Blink|vB
    replied
    Dude, don't get all *****y because people wont do stuff for you, look on vb.org, there is probably a code mod for this so it does not go above the first one (I know there is on to do this on the postbit) :P

Why do you want this so bad anyway? is is a little graphic

I am sure if you tryed to place it at the end of the forum home templates (I dont have vB so I dont know what these are called), it would'nt show up at the top, but before the next forum group :P

Leave a comment:

• Boeman
    replied
    Thanks but unfortunately, this places the divider above the first category as well which is what I want to avoid. I've just been told that this requires hacking. Is this a difficult modification? I assume it needs to be done on the forumhome.php3?

Originally posted by xiphoid
    Open forumhome template, and remove
    Code:
    <tr align="center">
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont>&nbsp;</smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" width="80%" align="left"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Forum</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Posts</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Threads</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Last Post</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" width="20%"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Moderator</b></smallfont></td>
    </tr>
    Open forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template and add the above code after the rest of the code in that template

(in other words, you remove it from forumhome and move it to forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost)

Still in forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost, at the top of the template, before the rest of the code, add this:
    Code:
    </table>
    </td></tr></table>
    <br>
    <hr>
    <br>
    <table cellpadding="{tableouterborderwidth}" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="{tablebordercolor}" {tableouterextra} width="{contenttablewidth}" align="center"><tr><td>
    <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="{tableinnerborderwidth}" border="0" {tableinnerextra} width="100%">
    Replace the <hr> with your own devider code.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Open forumhome template, and remove
    Code:
    <tr align="center">
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont>&nbsp;</smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" width="80%" align="left"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Forum</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Posts</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Threads</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Last Post</b></smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" width="20%"><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Moderator</b></smallfont></td>
    </tr>
    Open forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template and add the above code after the rest of the code in that template

(in other words, you remove it from forumhome and move it to forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost)

Still in forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost, at the top of the template, before the rest of the code, add this:
    Code:
    </table>
    </td></tr></table>
    <br>
    <hr>
    <br>
    <table cellpadding="{tableouterborderwidth}" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="{tablebordercolor}" {tableouterextra} width="{contenttablewidth}" align="center"><tr><td>
    <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="{tableinnerborderwidth}" border="0" {tableinnerextra} width="100%">
    Replace the <hr> with your own devider code.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 12 May '03, 12:52pm. Reason: Added attachment

Leave a comment:

• Boeman
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...?postid=452639

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You are asking for help in customizing your forums. Please note this is different from providing support for specific problems that people are having. If I had the answer to your question I would have provided it. However I didn't. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Yo.
    replied
    Perhaps your question was not understood correctly. Try phrasing it differently.

Leave a comment:

• Boeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Yo.
    Your question would best be answered at vbulletintemplates.com, not here. It's not just a site for selling templates as you seem to have assumed.
    I have done this as well. Nadda. Next?

Leave a comment:

• Yo.
    replied
    Your question would best be answered at vbulletintemplates.com, not here. It's not just a site for selling templates as you seem to have assumed.

Leave a comment:

• Boeman
    started a topic Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

I am truly disappointed with both the support from the team as well as the VB community at large.

Having purchased an owned VB license two or so weeks ago, I went to work immediately to customize it to for a yet unreleased website and ran into a stumbling block that has effectively halted my efforts to get the site up in a timely manner. I posted three threads both titled "Inserting A Divider After the Forum Categories and Their Subforms" and and yet while I am greateful to the few who answered, none of the responses thus far have been any help. Specifically, I believe one team simply referred me to another thread which did not reveal any clues to my particular problem. I made a second attempt by posting a similar query to the Templates and Buttons forum with no results. Finally I tried the PHP forum and still no answers. As a last resort I went to Vbulletin.org but received an equal level of help (essentially non-existant) other than a commercial plug by one of the administrators to VbulletinTemplates.com. I wasn't even interested in buying templates!

So, here I am, minus $160, stuck at a junction where no help is to be had from such a large number of people. Not once did I find myself in a similar instance with the UBB community. All the more frustrating is that my particular problem nowhere near the level of complexity to some of the questions being asked here where am abundance of replies were to be had!

Last edited by Boeman; Mon 12 May '03, 11:46am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X