Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen default style

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stolen default style

    I think this is a violation of copyrights

    http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/index.php?s=42

    Looks just like vbulletin, sorta.

  • #2
    Too funny, "v3 template"...

    vBulletin 3.0 Template
    Author: Xavior
    Demo: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/index.php?s=42
    Download: http://phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1172
    Bike Forums.net

    Comment


    • #3
      I found that funny that it is called vb3 template.

      Comment


      • #4
        Since they use the vBulletin images, I took the liberty to report that URL to the piracy section of Jelsoft. @ http://www.vBulletin.com/contact/piracy.php

        Comment


        • #5
          Even without the images it still violates copyright laws.

          Comment


          • #6
            If they hadn't used the images there would be no problem, since it's just colors they've stolen and you can't copyright that.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

            גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

            Comment


            • #7
              Even with the footer saying this...

              Buttons By Saintdog And Some By: vBulletin.Com
              No Copyright Infringement Was Intended

              Infringment my foot!
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

              Comment


              • #8
                Pretty retarded, how people can't afford to spend 85 bucks, so instead they go and make a clone. But... do they offer the same features? I think not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chen
                  If they hadn't used the images there would be no problem, since it's just colors they've stolen and you can't copyright that.
                  depends on the country chen...

                  the German Telekom has copyrighted a pink color....
                  very senseless in my eyes....
                  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                  - Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Posted by ManagerJosh - Today at 07:52 AMEven with the footer saying this...

                    Buttons By Saintdog And Some By: vBulletin.Com
                    No Copyright Infringement Was Intended

                    Infringment my foot!
                    It is still infrinement, I can't use the microsoft logo and say "logo made by microsoft, I didn't mean copyright infringement, I really didn't."

                    Posted by Chen - Today at 05:24 AMIf they hadn't used the images there would be no problem, since it's just colors they've stolen and you can't copyright that.
                    You can't try to mimic someone elses color scheme, and have it exactly the same.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Xenon
                      depends on the country chen...

                      the German Telekom has copyrighted a pink color....
                      very senseless in my eyes....
                      Uh that's silly. What if someone would copyright #000000-#FFFFFF?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That is a little strict, but if you use the exact same CSS as someone, then it is violating copyrights.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by UHN_ED
                          That is a little strict, but if you use the exact same CSS as someone, then it is violating copyrights.
                          Um, I'm sorry to say, but it may not be ethical to use the same color scheme or css as another site, but try to stop it from happening.
                          I doubt you could get a lawyer to touch it.
                          If they made their own images, there would not have been a problem. But they didn't. YOu can't get anyone in trouble for using the same color scheme. Come on. Like no one ever made a purple based site before vBulletin.
                          V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
                          Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
                          Let Users select postbit style!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dark Jim
                            Uh that's silly. What if someone would copyright #000000-#FFFFFF?
                            I'm more worried about people who like wearing pink shirts in Germany... can they be arrested?

                            (And no, not by the fashion police. )
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                            גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bad Bunny
                              Um, I'm sorry to say, but it may not be ethical to use the same color scheme or css as another site, but try to stop it from happening.
                              I doubt you could get a lawyer to touch it.
                              If they made their own images, there would not have been a problem. But they didn't. YOu can't get anyone in trouble for using the same color scheme. Come on. Like no one ever made a purple based site before vBulletin.
                              There is a big difference between using the same colors as someone and stealing their code, in this case the css, to use for your site.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X