Customer Contact Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Contact Information

I would like to change the email address associated with my customer account. So I tried emailing [email protected]. The members area has a link if you wish to change the registration information. It says to be sure and include your customer number and password. Unfortunately it points to the standard sales inquiry form. This is not a secure form and I am not comfortable putting my customer number AND password on an insecure form. Jelsoft should really make this easier for people to change their registration information securely.

If any of the fine folks at Jelsoft could offer some assistance to me I would be very grateful. As I said I have emailed support several times over the past two months with no resolution.

[email protected] isn't a valid email address.

Try [email protected]

Comment

Actually I used the online form located at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php but I received no response from anyone. But I guess I can try emailing the support team. My main reason for placing this here was to let Jelsoft know they need a better method for allowing people to update the information in their customer profile.

Comment

There are absolutely no unanswered support tickets in the system. What's the ticket number?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonsShadow
          I would like to change the email address associated with my customer account. So I tried emailing [email protected]. The members area has a link if you wish to change the registration information. It says to be sure and include your customer number and password. Unfortunately it points to the standard sales inquiry form. This is not a secure form and I am not comfortable putting my customer number AND password on an insecure form. Jelsoft should really make this easier for people to change their registration information securely.

If any of the fine folks at Jelsoft could offer some assistance to me I would be very grateful. As I said I have emailed support several times over the past two months with no resolution.
          Just to mention, what makes you feel plain text email is more secure then a basic non-ssl http page?

Comment

This is not a secure form and I am not comfortable putting my customer number AND password on an insecure form.
            Considering you have to enter your customer number and password to get to the page where you enter your customer number and password, what makes you feel more secure about entering the info into the login form vs. the contact form?

Not to mention that by the time you reach that form, your customer number and password would already be compromised if someone is in a position to intercept packets between your computer and vbulletin.com.

Comment

Fine. I will use the silly form. I thought I would offer a suggestion that this type dynamic information needs a secure way to update it by your customers. Without requiring a support person to get involved at all. But it seems instead of taking the suggestion that even the vB team jump on the bandwagon to try and make me feel foolish for mentioning it in the first place. I will not bother to make suggestions again to a team that obviously feels they do not need them.

Comment

I was simply asking a question as to why you felt one way was better.

Comment

Originally posted by RonsShadow
                  Fine. I will use the silly form. I thought I would offer a suggestion that this type dynamic information needs a secure way to update it by your customers.
                  One potential problem with this method is that anyone with access to the customer number and password will be able to effectively steal the license away from the rightful owner. Believe it or not, people share this info far more than they should. I have stopped 3 such attempts to steal licenses this week alone by requiring extra verification.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X