HondaBoard.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondaBoard.com

I just recently bought this site from the Webmaster less then 24 hours ago. This is pretty much the first time I ever did something along these lines. I have ran a Website before (that I designed), but never really bought outright someone elses. anywho.. I have gotten Admin Control Panel name/pass.. but I was just wanting to double check what I need to do for all of this. It's on a years worth (free hosting) and I also bought his other site, AcuraForums.com

getting off topic for a second.. example, on HondaBoard.. right now, I don't know how to take the advertisement at the top off.. nor the " This site is for sale" that he put above the Forums. I looked in Admin Control Panel and I can't find out how to remove it. Is it because it's stored on his database and he needs to do it? as I said, I just got pass/name to the Admin Control Panel after I paid for it all. I didn't get anything yet along the lines of FTP info or such like that. so, am I missing something.. in Admin Control Panel to remove this.. or.. is it his end to clean it clear (not the Forums).. just the Advertisement, and the "This site is for sale" thing..

any help would be appreciated. also, feel free to come on over to the newly acquired site(s) and give me some feedback. thanks.

Congratualtions on your purchase! If you haven't done so yet you need to ask the owner of those licenses to request they be transferred to you. To officially transfer a license, please have the owner send an email to [email protected] with this info:

- license number
    - customer number
    - customer password
    - your full name
    - your email address

After this, you'll need to follow the instructions in my sig to register for Priority Forum Support. This will give you access to vB support on these forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Congratualtions on your purchase! If you haven't done so yet you need to ask the owner of those licenses to request they be transferred to you. To officially transfer a license, please have the owner send an email to [email protected] with this info:

- license number
      - customer number
      - customer password
      - your full name
      - your email address

After this, you'll need to follow the instructions in my sig to register for Priority Forum Support. This will give you access to vB support on these forums.
      Steve,

I contacted the previous webmaster.. and he said he don't even have that info. It was not originated by him. he bought the domain name. so, overall, the originator of hondaboard (not the previous webmaster) don't have ownership. and this guy I bought the site from.. he doesn't have any of the info that you stated. I'm confused.

Comment

If you cannot provide that information you will have to submit a notarized affi-davit stating you purchased the site and all software on it along with a certified copy of the bill of sale. Then we can change the license information for you.

You should open a support ticket with [email protected] so we can inform you of where to send the information to.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          If you cannot provide that information you will have to submit a notarized affi-davit stating you purchased the site and all software on it along with a certified copy of the bill of sale. Then we can change the license information for you.

You should open a support ticket with [email protected] so we can inform you of where to send the information to.
          hey Wayne..

I contacted [email protected] and I sent 2 paypal reciepts and all the information that came with it.. in the e-mail.

Comment

how do I get in contact with the originator (the person who made HondaBoard) and such. I just bought it from the Webmaster who paid for the domain name.. from the original guy and such. I asked the former Webmaster for the info and he doesn't have it either. so, I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place.

Comment

It is a difficult situation. However please understand we cannot transfer a license without the expressed consent of the owner of that license.

If he is the valid owner then have him contact us with all the info about his purchase. including his name, email address, billing address, approximate date of purchase, type of license. We can then use this to verify his ownership. If he's not the valid license holder then he didn't have the power to sell you that license in the first place.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the guy who I bought from.. he can't find the licence. I hate to be a pain about this.. but, what route should I go? contact paypal and back out of this? or is there a way around this? or.. will this hurt me in the long run if I stick it out? please give me some feedback

Comment

If the person you bought it from has a valid license, then all he needs to do is contact us with the info I mentioned and we can verify this. If he's refusing to do this, then that's a red flag.

Another thing to consider is - do you know what kind of license, if any, he had? If it was a leased licence it may have expired.

Send an email to [email protected] with the forum URLs and we can see if these are licensed or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If the person you bought it from has a valid license, then all he needs to do is contact us with the info I mentioned and we can verify this. If he's refusing to do this, then that's a red flag.

Another thing to consider is - do you know what kind of license, if any, he had? If it was a leased licence it may have expired.

Send an email to [email protected] with the forum URLs and we can see if these are licensed or not.
                    I just bought 2 vbulletin licences. The domain names (If he can't turn up the information).. I can make them verified on a vbulletin licence since I have 2 slots free.. right? the sites are noteworthy.. leading reputable sites.. and I don't want that to go to waste.. more over, money wasted.

I just got 2 owned licences from vbulletin to solve this problem. he told me that the domains were his (hondaboard and acuraforums)

Comment

That's one problem solved. Be sure to go to the Member Area and put in the URL to your forums.

As for the domain names, has he transferred these to you yet?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That's one problem solved. Be sure to go to the Member Area and put in the URL to your forums.

As for the domain names, has he transferred these to you yet?
                        for the member area thing.. what do I do? just uncheck the saved info for the vbulletin site I already have.. and put in my new info for the 2 I already got? then I can alternate back and forth between those 2.. and the one I already have?

right now.. he is working with my host on doing all the necessary steps to transfer everything. I will keep ya posted, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Level
                          for the member area thing.. what do I do? just uncheck the saved info for the vbulletin site I already have.. and put in my new info for the 2 I already got? then I can alternate back and forth between those 2.. and the one I already have?
                          I'm not sure what you mean. Each site needs to have it's own license.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. Each site needs to have it's own license.
                            lol I purchased a owned licence (2) of vbulletin half hour ago. they sent me this..

Thank you for purchasing vBulletin license(s). Your License information is included below. You can use this information to log into the members area at the vBulletin web site:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/members/

Customer Number: xxxxxxxxxx
                            Customer Password: xxxxxxxxx

Type of License(s): Owned

------------------------------------------

so, for these 2 I just bought.. they run on the same customer # and password.. correct? so, I just go to members.. sign off of my vbulletin I had before I purchased these 2.. put my #/password in.. and type in both site urls.. right?

Comment

When you go into the Member Area you should see two sections - one for each license. That way you can enter both URLs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X