Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my account information

Well,

On top of the problems I am having with my server I just found out (from the wife) that my computer at home has taken a dump on me.

On this computer I had my Username and Password to log into the members area saved.

I tried the retrieve my lost password but the email address I "thought" used the last time I renewed my license ([email protected]) is listed as not in the database.

I tried to use the contact form to contact the Jelsoft support team, but to use it you have to log in with your username and password, which I don't have.

Is there anyway someone at Jelsoft can contact me so I can get a copy of the Username and Password for the members area?

I know I listed the name of our community when I renewed our license.

Man it's been a long day today.

Thanks!

Community Name: Sportbike World
    Community URL: http://www.sportbikeworld.com
    My Email: [email protected]

Send an email to [email protected] with the following info from when you purchased your license: Your name, email address, billing address, approximate date of purchase, type of license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Send an email to [email protected] with the following info from when you purchased your license: Your name, email address, billing address, approximate date of purchase, type of license.
      Can't they look up the our URL in the member database?

The reason why I ask is because I've been a VB user for a few years and don't remember even the month when I renewed the license.

And I have 5 different credit cards I use with 4 different addresses.

About the only thing I am positive on is that it's a leased license.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportbikeworld
        Can't they look up the our URL in the member database?
        Sure they could but how would they know you are the rightful owner? We don't send out customer information unless we are certain that it's going to the proper party. Otherwise anyone could take over someone else's license with little or no trouble. We won't do that.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sure they could but how would they know you are the rightful owner? We don't send out customer information unless we are certain that it's going to the proper party. Otherwise anyone could take over someone else's license with little or no trouble. We won't do that.
          I totally understand.

But they can look up the URL that is in the database and then go to that website ( http://www.sportbikeworld.com ) and then email the contact person for that community (Which is me at [email protected] )

I know it will be a pain in the ass for Jelsoft, and it's my fault for losing the info. But I'm hoping to get them to go the extra mile.

But even if they decide not to, I totally understand and will just have to purchase another 1 year license.

Comment

As I said you need to send an email to [email protected] and provide as much information as you can about your purchase of that license. We ain't gonna be able to do much here.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

As I said you need to send an email to [email protected] and provide as much information as you can about your purchase of that license. We ain't gonna be able to do much here.
              Sent it this afternoon.

Thanks for your help Steve!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X