This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logout DOES NOT WORK

Ok, I clicked on Logout, and it did not log me out.

Why?

Works just fine for me. Try deleting your cookie manually and then try it again.
    - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Already did that, and then I came back to get new cookies, then tried to logout again, and still the same problem.

Comment

works fine for me

Comment

You need to delete your cookies manually. To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
          and
          Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one you find. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I got it. It stinks this way. The board shold have a clear cookies function when someone logs out otherwise the logout feature is useless.

Comment

Or paste this
              Code:
              Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
              Copyright 2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
              right below
              Code:
               Copyright MyMatchmaker.Com Corp
              You're my Prince of Peace
              And I will live my life for You

Comment

There is nothing on our forum pages which is copyright Jelsoft. all that users see is copyright MyMatchmaker.Com
                users do not see the code, and it is the code which is copyright.

Or am I missing something. Also, it is not a public forum, it is in a private area where only paying customers get access.

Comment

Originally posted by MyMatchmakerCom
                  Yes, I got it. It stinks this way. The board shold have a clear cookies function when someone logs out otherwise the logout feature is useless.
                  The forum does have clear cookie functions but when the browser corrupts the cookies then there's nothing vB or any other script can do about it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

WRONG.

by using the vbulletin, you agree to show the copyright information. anything less violates the license agreement.

Comment

There is nothing on our forum pages which is copyright Jelsoft. all that users see is copyright MyMatchmaker.Com users do not see the code, and it is the code which is copyright.

Or am I missing something. Also, it is not a public forum, it is in a private area where only paying customers get access.
                      It doesn't matter whether this is a public or private forum. The license agreement clearly states that the copyright must be left in place and visible:

http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html

Also could you please modify your sig to conform to the vBulletin forum rules? You can have text or an image, but not both. Thanks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

www.MyMatchmaker.com/forum/index.php
                        www.MyMatchmaker.com/forum/admin/index.php

Does the license price include access to the source code?

Yes - vBulletin is a "visible source" product, which means that you have access to the PHP source code of the product. You are free to modify the product in any way, provided you retain the vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright notices. For information about vBulletin code "hacking", please visit our unofficial sister site, vbulletin.org. Please note that we are unable to support any installations of vBulletin that have had the source code modified. For more information about the licensing implications of code modification, please review our license agreement.
                        You're my Prince of Peace
                        And I will live my life for You

Comment

The forum does have clear cookie functions but when the browser corrupts the cookies then there's nothing vB or any other script can do about it.
                          Exactly how does this happen?

P.S. I will have the copyright added as soon as my software guy gets back from vacation.

Comment

Exactly how does this happen?
                            I don't know. You'd have to ask Microsoft since this seems to be a frequent problem with IE.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

P.S. I will have the copyright added as soon as my software guy gets back from vacation.
                              All you need to do is revert your footer template. It's not a big job at all and until you do this you are in violation of the license agreement.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X