Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

template help - real thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • template help - real thread

    Originally posted by IDN
    for some reason it posted my thread 20 times or so, with no content


    what the template where i can change what the forum looks like when you click on a forum - like

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=29
    Wow, yes, you did posted around 20 times, rofl. Something is maybe going on with vBulletin? They are empty posts too. Maybe you discovered a bug in 2.2.6?

    I think you need to alter the forumdisplay templates to get the desired result.

  • #2
    i think there might be minor corruption in the thread table but i don't have access to the server and have contacted John/James and Chris and Mike - need to wait until one of them get online
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

    Comment


    • #3
      hmm....where was the "flood check" on these 20 identical posts?

      Also, none of those blank template threads show up in a search of your own posts. strange stuff which has me very concerned.
      Have a great day :)
      http://www.StopScum.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Steve_S
        hmm....where was the "flood check" on these 20 identical posts?

        Also, none of those blank template threads show up in a search of your own posts. strange stuff which has me very concerned.
        Yes, because now I wonder, will vBulletin 2.2.6 possibly have a bug that corrupts my table(s)? I no longer have an older backup, excempt from yesterday evening. And losing those newly registered members and their posts would be horror in my eyes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by xiphoid
          Yes, because now I wonder, will vBulletin 2.2.6 possibly have a bug that corrupts my table(s)? I no longer have an older backup, excempt from yesterday evening. And losing those newly registered members and their posts would be horror in my eyes.
          nah vB won't corrupt database... it's something server side that's happening i suspect
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eva2000
            nah vB won't corrupt database... it's something server side that's happening i suspect
            That is good and bad news ofcourse Let's hope it is server side :P But I do hope it is just a little accident and I bet John can fix0r that very fast!

            Comment


            • #7
              guys, i made a thread about this in site feedback, can you split the thread and help me with my template prob here?
              Running vB since 4-14-2002

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steve_S
                hmm....where was the "flood check" on these 20 identical posts?
                The post didn't exist, so it couldn't really floodcheck anything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks ES
                  Have a great day :)
                  http://www.StopScum.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    rofl
                    the first post disappeared, now i am the thread starter, but i quoted him

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xiphoid
                      rofl
                      the first post disappeared, now i am the thread starter, but i quoted him
                      that's my doing
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eva2000
                        that's my doing
                        I was almost getting paranoid and though the bug was still there *stop scaring me!*

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X