Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happened yesterday?

mysql errors all day. what's up?

The mysql server went down. Chris and John could not be contacted and they are the only ones with access - therefore there was a problem restarting the machines.

Thats got to be the first time that one of the vbulletin servers have gone down . In my memory anyway. Amazing.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

Any idea on what’s caused the server to go down?

Comment

servers need to be restarted once in a while
        NXSupport Admin

Comment

They've gone down plenty of times before....just not for quite as long. From what I can tell from the errors I saw in the admin area (didn't come to the forums but assume the error was the same here) this morning there were too many connections to the server over a prolonged period of time, getting the server blocked by MySQL because it thought it was being flooded/dos'd.

That is not the official answer on what happened; just what I presume happened from what I saw earlier on today. For an official answer you need to talk to Chris, James or John.

Comment

Interesting....

So what your saying is; More people than ever before were visiting the site and this activity prolonged for a long enough time for the server to think it was being attacked !

Like I said, Amazing !
            Email: [email protected]
            Site: Under Construction

Comment

Well, it might very well have been an actual attack, it's not like these things aren't uncommon in this day&age. My initial thought, tho, was that the PHP4.2 they recently installed had gone to the crapper.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
                Well, it might very well have been an actual attack, it's not like these things aren't uncommon in this day&age. My initial thought, tho, was that the PHP4.2 they recently installed had gone to the crapper.
                This site is still running php v4.1.2

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                  This site is still running php v4.1.2
                  Yes, as I said, 'twas my first thought.
                  Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X