vbulletin.org vs vbulletin.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin.org vs vbulletin.com

After I registered on vbulletin.org forums, I can not post in some areas of this bulletin board. I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    If you are a registered member and a vBulletin customer, please add your username to this form to be able to access certain resticted areas on this site!...

in order to use and post in certain forums at vBulletin.org you need to

1. register using the same username and email address you used at vBulletin.com's forums
    2. activate and confirm your registration email
    3. then enter your forum username at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

That part worked. But after I did that, I lost ability to post on some areas of this board (vbulletin.com).

Maybe after I entered the information to http://www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php it overrode, whatever I there entered before for this forum?..

I was not aware that I had to use the same e-mail address for both boards. I may have used the different e-mail addresses.

What should I do to fix this?

Comment

You are showing up as licensed here. What areas of this forum can't you post in? There are some forums, like 'Bugs' for instance, that only Mods can post a new thread in.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I couldn't post to the "vBulletin Hints and Tips" section.

Comment

Reply or new thread? I'm pretty sure only Mods can move a thread or start a new thread there.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was trying to post a new thread.

Comment

That would be why then!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by TObject
                  I was trying to post a new thread.
                  that explains it
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Silly me!
                    Come to think, how do they let guys like me run bulletin boards.

Thanks!

Comment

If you have a good tip to post in there, post it in the Chit-Chat forum and we'll move it to hints and tips for you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X