This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I know a few sites who use vbb to exchange warez information, but the site does have a licence. If someone was to report it to you, would anything happen?

-Dimava
    NXSupport Admin

We do not allow vBulletin to be used for anything that constitute an Intellectual Property violation, as stated in the license. Therefore, even if a warez site has a license, we will contact their host to have the site removed and we will revoke the license.

Please send such URLs to [email protected] with a note indicating that they are warez sites with a valid license.

Comment

I want to start of by saying that i'm not taking sites.

That have been said, why would you revoke a licence about a site which allows members to post warez? They are in no way hurting jelsoft, if anything they are making vbulletin more popular. Warez is illegal, so if the host finds needbe, they can cut the account for illegal purposes, but thats the hosts, and government's problem, not jelsoft's.

Could you clear up the reasons for me.

Dimava
      NXSupport Admin

Comment

For a couple reasons:

a) vBulletin is being used to facilitate illegal activities. An overzealous copyright lawyer could sue Jelsoft if they find a warez site distributing their product through a vB. They probably wouldn't win but it still takes time and money to go to court and fight the suit.

b) Jelsoft does not wish to associate itself with illegal activities, and, for lack of a better term, "script kiddies". Making sure vBulletin isn't used on warez sites helps ensure that we are not associated with such activities.

Comment

Oků.

So you're trying to say that if a bank robber uses a Ford Mustang as a run away car, the bank could sue Ford?

If someone uses Microsoft's ISS FTP to distribute illegal activity, does that mean that the lawyers can sue Microsoft?

-Dimava
          NXSupport Admin

Comment

no

no
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

Comment

There is nothing to dicuss regarding our the stipulations that are in our license agreement. The purchasee agreed to them at the time of purchase. If one does not agree with them than one should not purchase a license from us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X