Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't vbulletin alert me to that there are posts that require moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't vbulletin alert me to that there are posts that require moderation?

As Admin - Unless I stumble upon them, how would I know?

They are in both the Notifications Menu and the Admin CP. What are you expecting? A pop-up window or something?

Comment

I don't login to ACP much only as needed. Even if I do login to ACP, posts pending moderation are not clearly visible.

There is no notification in the forum and posts pending moderation are not included in Recent Posts.

I recall this as well:
      https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-15717
      not sure if it was ever addressed.
      Last edited by MDawg; Mon 13th Apr '20, 7:15pm.

Comment

vBulletin 5.6.1 converts the "Notifications" link into a drop down menu that will list the different types of notifications available. Including moderated posts. Provided that you're using vBulletin Messenger. This is mentioned in the Release Announcement for 5.6.1 Beta 1. I don't have screenshots because it is time consuming to setup.

There is another feature request to allow moderators better control over notifications and emails related to moderated items instead of just blanket emails for every new post. That can be seen here:
        https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20102
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 14th Apr '20, 4:21pm.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• MDawg
          MDawg commented
          Editing a comment
          5.6.1 does indeed notify of posts requiring Moderation.  Nice!

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          Will the VBV-20102 roll out in 5.6.2? or 5.6.3

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on when its development finishes. As far as I am aware, this is the last week of development for 5.6.2 before "Code Freeze". So if the feature isn't finished by Friday, it will be punted to 5.6.3.