VB Version visible in profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Version visible in profile

Considering the number of security related upgrades in the past few months, I submit that it is not wise to advertise user's version numbers in their profiles.

Since we are required to put our version number in our profile to get support, we are not able to hide this ourselves so it is up to VBulletin *not* to advertise our version which may be insecure depending on our decision/ability to upgrade.

I'd suggest this custom field no longer be public viewable.

I agree.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I agree too, but right now I'm having some connectivity problems so I can't get in to change it... I'll unpublify () it when I can.

Comment

Done, the field is now hidden.

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Of course, we can't see it now without going into the mod profile so it serves no purpose since it takes too many steps! I have to make sure vb3 can have a hidden profile field that still shows to mods/admins - wait I think it already does

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
              Of course, we can't see it now without going into the mod profile so it serves no purpose since it takes too many steps! I have to make sure vb3 can have a hidden profile field that still shows to mods/admins - wait I think it already does
              Silly me, I figured the regged user status showed for you guys in the posts aswell ever since v2, kinda like a hands-on authentification.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

Oh, I see you are licensed but not what version.

Comment

Ah, yes, ofcourse.
                  Toddler from Hell

Comment

Working...
                  X