Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• napy8gen
    commented on 's reply
    yes you can customise vbulletin style to look the same like wordpress site but dynamic stuff like wordpress menu that may changes or some content pull will not work in the vbulletin. Only the look can be transfer to vbulletin style system. I can do it for you.

• Christian Alfredsson
    replied
    I have installed both on www.ciklid.org

Wordpress is installed at https://www.ciklid.org
    vBulletin forum is installed at https://www.ciklid.org/forum

Works great

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Originally posted by freeed32 View Post
    can i install the vbulletin forum in sub directory for my wordpress site
    for example: mydomain .com/forum

and can I customize the vbulletin forum template view to look similar to my site theme?
    What you can't do is install vBulletin 5 below Wordpress, or at least, it would not be supported. You can have wordpress on say www.domain and the forum at forum.domain or you can have wordpress at domain.com/wp and the forum at domain.com/forum for example.

What you can't do is domain.com for wordpress and domain.com/forum for the forum.

Leave a comment:

• freeed32
    replied
    can i install the vbulletin forum in sub directory for my wordpress site
    for example: mydomain .com/forum

and can I customize the vbulletin forum template view to look similar to my site theme?

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    replied
    Originally posted by johnarumugam View Post
    Hello Friends,

Iam using WordPress for my movie review website. I want a forum for my visitors write their reviews via my website. Is there any option to connect WordPress and VBulletin?

Thank You!
    This is just a further thought. You don't necessarily need a bridge to use both wordpress and vbulletin on the same URL.

I have the Softaculous web-installer available to me via cpanel. Wordpress automatically installs and upgrades reliably, it's very easy to use. There is a wordpress plug in called Flamingo which does a pretty good job of providing you with a contact form for people who are not registered with you and not logged in and that's also easy to install and upgrade in wordpress in my experience.

If you were to install wordpress on your front end, turn off the vbulletin contact form and deploy Flamingo instead then install your vbulletin installation on a sub-domain or directory called "forum", "community" or whatever else you wanted it to be [you can specify the forum location in the admin control panel in vbulletin] you could then put a link saying "register" "review" on the front page of your wordpress site to direct people to register with your forum and write their reviews and comments there. I guess in a perfect world a bridge would be available but actually the most useful thing would be if the web installer could do the installs and upgrades for you.

Either way, because installing and upgrading wordpress is easy the absence of a bridge would not stop you using both together.

Leave a comment:

• jdj
    commented on 's reply
    I mean this politely. I use vBulletin but I also have some wordpress sites. In order to install the wordpress sites I log into cpanel and use the softaculous web installer. Wordpress automatically installs from softaculous and updates are easy. I can also choose 13 forums to install from Softaculous. As a courtesy I'm not naming them here but none of them is vbulletin, which used to be the most popular forum software in the world. None of them is xenforo either. Just because these forum software packages are available in softaculous it does not automatically follow that there is a bridge from wordpress. But if there was and it was easy to install from cpanel I suspect that vbulletin would grow in popularity.

• johnarumugam
    replied
    Hello Joe,

Thank you for your information. Let me chek for any third party application available to connect WordPress with vbulletin forum

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    There is no built in supported means of doing this. This would require custom coding and/or 3rd part software we do not support. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• johnarumugam
    started a topic How to Connect VBulletin with WordPress

How to Connect VBulletin with WordPress

Hello Friends,

Iam using WordPress for my movie review website. I want a forum for my visitors write their reviews via my website. Is there any option to connect WordPress and VBulletin?

Thank You!