Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Some queries were altered slightly to speed them up (in 5.1.10), and the changes hot fixed onto the site to test them. Since they worked really well, I left them there.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    We've improved both software and web servers over the last few months. For the forums we're using PHP 5.5 which is a significant performance increase over PHP 5.3 that the old servers used. MySQL has also been upgraded to 5.6.17 which also brings performance benefits.
    Yes I can most definitely tell. Great work Wayne. While I am on vb4 currently. I intend to upgrade my board way down the road when a final release comes into view (even if it's a couple years).

Glad to see performance increased.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We've improved both software and web servers over the last few months. For the forums we're using PHP 5.5 which is a significant performance increase over PHP 5.3 that the old servers used. MySQL has also been upgraded to 5.6.17 which also brings performance benefits.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    I noticed a major change around a month and half ago. This site's homepage to the forum had always been really slow to load, then around that time it began operating quickly.

William

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    started a topic Site Load Times Seem a Lot Faster

Site Load Times Seem a Lot Faster

Hey, I just noticed that the lack of speed people have been complaining about at least on vbulletin.com, it seems a lot faster than usual.

Do you think this is due to recent releases giving it the edge?

The speed has dramatically increased for myself.