Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there no notifications for subscribed forum here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there no notifications for subscribed forum here?

    I subscribed to Licensed Customer Feedback here, but I never received any notification before (either email or in user control panel). Is the subscription doesn't do anything?

  • #2
    If you're subscribed, it should be listed in your control panel and you'll see if there are new posts or not. You can also edit your subscription to get daily or weekly digests. I use the features as well and they do work.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      If you're subscribed, it should be listed in your control panel and you'll see if there are new posts or not. You can also edit your subscription to get daily or weekly digests. I use the features as well and they do work.
      Just out of curiosity, why is there no instant notification option by vBulletin default for forums a user is subscribed to like with threads?
      Former vBulletin user

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
        Just out of curiosity, why is there no instant notification option by vBulletin default for forums a user is subscribed to like with threads?
        It was decided not to add this due to the volume of email it would generate.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          If you're subscribed, it should be listed in your control panel and you'll see if there are new posts or not. You can also edit your subscription to get daily or weekly digests. I use the features as well and they do work.
          Hi Wayne,

          It does listed in my control panel, other than that I don't see any notification about new topics. *as for subscribed threads, I was able to find the settings to receive the notification instantly via email* I couldn't find where to set daily/weekly digest for subscribed forum, could you please guide me? Thank you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            It was decided not to add this due to the volume of email it would generate.
            Thanks for the reply.

            Yeah, I can definitely see where that would be a problem.

            Originally posted by Shyuan View Post
            Hi Wayne,

            It does listed in my control panel, other than that I don't see any notification about new topics. *as for subscribed threads, I was able to find the settings to receive the notification instantly via email* I couldn't find where to set daily/weekly digest for subscribed forum, could you please guide me? Thank you.
            Click the check mark in a green circle for the forum you want to subscribe to.
            Last edited by Amaury; Thu 6th Dec '12, 8:00am. Reason: Added Response to Shyuan
            Former vBulletin user

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post

              Click the check mark in a green circle for the forum you want to subscribe to.
              I have already clicked on that a week ago, but the thing is that I didn't receive any forum notification or daily/weekly digest emails even though there are new threads in that subscribed forum. I can only see this forum appear in my member control panel.

              Comment


              • #8
                When you subscribe to a forum, you get a screen that allows you to subscribe as only in your Control Panel, Weekly or Daily Digests. You don't get all three, just in your control panel and one of the others. If you didn't select weekly or daily digest, you won't get them. You will need to unsubscribe to the forum and resubscribe making sure to choose the appropriate option.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  When you subscribe to a forum, you get a screen that allows you to subscribe as only in your Control Panel, Weekly or Daily Digests. You don't get all three, just in your control panel and one of the others. If you didn't select weekly or daily digest, you won't get them. You will need to unsubscribe to the forum and resubscribe making sure to choose the appropriate option.
                  Ah.. thank you, i resubscribed it and I have now chosen the daily digest

                  Just one last question, if I choose "control panel only", this means the subscribed forum will only be listed in my control panel and will not notify me of any new threads right?

                  Thank you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shyuan View Post
                    Just one last question, if I choose "control panel only", this means the subscribed forum will only be listed in my control panel and will not notify me of any new threads right?
                    Yes.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      Yes.
                      Thank you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        It was decided not to add this due to the volume of email it would generate.
                        I wish you would rethink this. I for one wouldn't have purchased vBulletin if I had known this was the case. I guess I should have researched it better; that's on me. But it makes sense that when people are interested in a particular forum that they may desire to be updated instantly via e-mail when new posts or threads are made; I'm able to do this on other forum sites that I use and it's great. I understand that with some forums this could definitely create a lot of e-mail; but not on my forum and I'm sure there are others just like me. I'm running a small, group specific forum where e-mail load is never going to be an issue. Why not make it an option for those of us who would like to have this feature and turn it off by default; leave it up to the forum administrator to decide whether the e-mail volume is a problem or not?

                        Regards,

                        Jack Mullins
                        IT Director
                        SMA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          vBulletin 5 has this option. I doubt it will be added to older versions.
                          Translations provided by Google.

                          Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          • sudbury8
                            notification
                            by sudbury8
                            Is there something in the forum admin panel that would allow you to get notification,to your personal email address if someone posted on your topic
                            Thu 17th Oct '13, 10:46am
                          • Aladav
                            Notifications
                            by Aladav
                            in vBulletin4, as administrator, I received email for every time someone posted. So did moderator. How can I set this for vBulletin 5? Or do I have to subscribe to all forums myself?
                            Tue 29th Oct '13, 9:30am
                          Working...
                          X