Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just noticed that all of the downloads in the members area are Patches.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by carntheroos4eva View Post
    Same with you PaulM. Take a look at the screenshot here. You said they aren't when you take a look at the dropdown menu you will find they are all patches.
    Wrong, and wrong again. It seems you have a complete inability to read what you are actually told. Go read it again.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Suzi, you really need to start reading what we say, not what you think we say or want us to say:

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Config.php has never been in the package, config.php.new has waiting for you to rename it as per the documentation.
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    OK, download all the ZIP files, open one and tke a screenshot and post it here please. If it shows a config.php file rather than config.php.new, I'll apologise...
    Looking at your screenshot, you don't show us the local includes folder contents on there, only your server one so I've done it for you. This is a fresh download of the files for one of your licenses:

Click image for larger version

Name:	suzi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	3689429

As you can see, no config.php file but a config.php.new file.

I aslo suggest you re-read Paul, Anders and Mike's posts about the naming of the full package download. When a patch is released, it's added to the full package and the name of the package updated to reflect that. It doesn't meant they're patches only, it's the actual contents of the package which, at this time, is 4.2.0 with Patch Level 1.

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    There you go Trevor. You need to apologise
    No he doesn't.
    You said in your downloads is a "config.php" file (without the ".new" extension):
    Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
    Oh and trevor every package i have downloaded have had config.php in it.
    Trevor never said this:
    Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
    Oh and Trevor, when you said that there isn't a config.php.new file in there
    He just told you there is a config.php.new but no "config.php" (without the ".new" extension).

Also please note what Paul told you in post #11:
    Originally posted by Paul M
    So for example, 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 is the full 4.2.0 download - 4.2.0 is currently at Patch Level 1, when the next PL is released, it will become Patch Level 2.

Leave a comment:

• Anders P
    replied
    Well it seems you don't understand how things work regarding "pathces". When a patch is released the full download version gets updated to include the patch as well (in other words if one download after a patch is released one don't need to download an additional patch for that version), all versions are renamed to show that they are up to date with the latest patch.

As for your scrrenshot I can't see you showing a config.php in your downloaded package, just on your site (remote)??

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    http://members.vbulletin.com/downloa...reid=vbforum_4

Name:	patch.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	3689427
    Screenshot of what it is I am talking about. Have a look at the link Wayne. I am in the right place.
    Oh and Trevor, when you said that there isn't a config.php.new file in there - It goes missing. So maybe you need to understand without me being rude to you, you need to think and perhaps not be a smartipants about it.
    Same with you PaulM. Take a look at the screenshot here. You said they aren't when you take a look at the dropdown menu you will find they are all patches.
    I'm simply pointing out to you a bug that you need to get somebody to fix up because how can new people use the software when they are all patches?
    A patch fixes up slight bugs and stuff that needs to be fixed.

Name:	configprob.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	3689428
    There you go Trevor. You need to apologise

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    And all of the things on the drop down menu are patches. Take a look.
    OK, download all the ZIP files, open one and tke a screenshot and post it here please. If it shows a config.php file rather than config.php.new, I'll apologise...

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    No they are not.
    The name simply reflects what patch level each version is currently at.

So for example, 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 is the full 4.2.0 download - 4.2.0 is currently at Patch Level 1, when the next PL is released, it will become Patch Level 2.

Leave a comment:

• AdrianH
    replied
    No, they are not. The packages are labelled correctly as v 4.0.6 patch level 1 or v3.8.6 patch level 2 etc.

And as Trevor said the config file is and always has been config.php.new.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Wrong. I am in the members area. Each and every one of the packages are patches. Even when I went to look up the documentation each of the things were patches and not the entire package.
    As stated, you are on the wrong page in the member's Area..

If all you see are patches then you are here: http://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php

You need to be here: http://members.vbulletin.com/

Then you can click on the link that CVP provided and download the entire package. As Trevor stated, there is no config.php in the package and there never has been a config.php in the package. It is name config.php.new so people don't overwrite their config.php on upgrading and is done purposefully.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Wrong. I am in the members area. Each and every one of the packages are patches. Even when I went to look up the documentation each of the things were patches and not the entire package.
    As stated, you are on the wrong page in the member's Area..

If all you see are patches then you are here: http://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php

You need to be here: http://members.vbulletin.com/

Then you can click on the link that CVP provided and download the entire package. As Trevor stated, there is no config.php in the package and there never has been a config.php in the package. It is name config.php.new so people don't overwrite their config.php on upgrading and is done purposefully.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Config.php has never been in the package, config.php.new has waiting for you to rename it as per the documentation.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Then the config.php file can't be found when you go to fix it all up.
    As CvP wrote, look for config.php.new in the package.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Just noticed that all of the downloads in the members area are Patches.

Then the config.php file can't be found when you go to fix it all up.

Leave a comment:

• Riasat
    replied
    From your account:

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	3689410

When you click on there, it will take you to (by default) 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 download. It is a full package download.
    Config.php is provided as config.php.new. Although your previous config.php will work just fine.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Your not in the correct place is all you see are patches. Click on "Members" in the toolbar and you can download the entire package as normal.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X