Opera12 JSON compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera12 JSON compatibility

I noticed vBulletin is now using the mime type "application/json" instead of application/javascript or text/javascript when using ajax to transfer a post id to reload the page after making a post, which causes Opera12 to show a download request for "default" since itís an unknown mime type. The fix is to go into Preferences > Advanced > Downloads and add application/json and select Open with Opera. Or vBulletin can switch it to application/javascript. Donít worry vBulletin, you wonít have to buy a license from me for this help, provided free.

We don't actually support Opera, but if you use the later 'WebKit' based versions you should be ok.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Actually, we do support modern Opera, but not Opera Classic, which is anything that isn't running blink.

Comment

Originally posted by username0293402934 View Post
        Or vBulletin can switch it to application/javascript.
        All modern browsers require application/json for the software to work correctly. Unfortunately this means you need to upgrade to a modern version of Opera. We cannot support all the old browser versions out there.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Actually, we do support modern Opera, but not Opera Classic, which is anything that isn't running blink.
          Yeah that's what I was jumping at but didn't word it too well
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment