• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by dadoc View Post
    After upgrading I have had a few issues,

after waiting a few days I still cant get any reply, in a few posts that I have started
    Should I just submit a ticket?

If a staff member reads a support post they should say that they have, if they cant help then say they are looking into it or
    cant help or submit a ticket.

And as most members/customers have modifications and styles installed, why is it not possible for staff to be able to check the problem on
    a default installation ?

Is this to much to ask ?

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...86#post2280986

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2280959

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ch-Index-Error

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Userinfo-Block
    You could try getting some help from an experienced person as they might just be able to help you out.
    Sometimes that helps you out.
    But if it was a serious problem then yes file a support ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    And as most members/customers have modifications and styles installed, why is it not possible for staff to be able to check the problem on
    a default installation ?
    We do check for these problems on default installations. These forums are kept as close to default as possible plus we have access to have a dozen staging servers for every version. The staging servers are created with various methods (new install, upgrade, suite, forums only, etc...) so we can check under those scenarios. Plus most of the support staff have a variety of test installations running on their own personal servers strictly for testing purposes.

All of these threads have answers. They may not be the answer you're looking for or they may not be completely resolved but they have answers. Issues may not have immediate answers and you're not the only customer that people are working with. Nor can you expect staff to post in every thread you create. If we look at a thread and see that another member answered it correctly, we move on to the next thread. We try to get to everyone equally. This doesn't mean that we wait for you to respond or hover over a ticket or thread. We answer, we move on to the next issue. When we have time, we come back if necessary.

If you have ticket support and we feel that your issue will be better suited to that venue, we'll say so.

You should really open your own thread for your issues. Even if the symptoms are similar, the reasons can be completely different so what fixes an issue for one user won't for another user.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    You can ask, as long as you dont expect an answer everytime. The forums are not the primary support channel, support deal with tickets first.
    And since the forum-only product only comes with 30 days of ticket support, and even the most basic customization is not supported, the safety net is made of tissue.
    Last edited by feldon23; Mon 9th Apr '12, 3:36am.

Leave a comment:

• dadoc
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Oops... I replied to the wrong thread.

Check your thread about the user block, I added a reply.
    Thanks I will have a look

Originally posted by whitey10tc View Post
    vbsc= vb supercharged.

That's my theory unless my threads go unanswered for a while.
    I dont have vbsc, but I will see if I did install it for an earlier version

In my first post I said "If a post has been read by a staff member they should say so!"
    meaning if they dont know the answer and they are looking into it , they should say that,
    It makes me think.
    Do I, need to supply more information?, or does my question make sense? did my post slip through unnoticed?
    It may have over 100 views with no comment, surly a staff member has looked at it? should I submit a ticket?

Leave a comment:

• whitey10tc
    replied
    Whats vbsc? yes I have used firebug and cant find it, I have styled my forum and that is the only thing I cant find
    vbsc= vb supercharged.

My rule was that if it is not a major problem that effects the function of your forum then you should not submit a ticket?

Thanks for your reply's guys
    That's my theory unless my threads go unanswered for a while.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Oops... I replied to the wrong thread.

Check your thread about the user block, I added a reply.

Leave a comment:

• dadoc
    replied
    Originally posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Have you submitted a ticket on any of your threads?
    For the user info block question, try using firebug to find what to change.
    For the SQL error, the best thing would be submit a ticket.
    For the Admincp blank screen check you php limits are high enough, mine was set to low and I would get blank screens and 500 errors until it was raised higher.
    The search moderation I found last week we had the same issue along with a blank attachments page and some other problems that were cased by vbsc. If you have it installed or ever had it in the past remove it and any remnants.

But ultimately for the staff to comment on each post they read would be "Nuts" and would make things very confusing in the end. As for forum support, it's just that forum support. I usually post in the forum then after a couple days I'll submit a ticket unless it's a big deal.

Whats vbsc? yes I have used firebug and cant find it, I have styled my forum and that is the only thing I cant find

its funny that if I ask about threads not being answered they get answered

some of these posts were before the holiday, break and I did wait quite a few days

Is there some kind of documentation about the process about dealing with a problem? from now on I will submit a ticket, what about the bug tacking platform? and when should that be used?
    Is this forum to support members, I love it when I find a solution to a problem from a previous members question, thats what Forum Community's are all about.

My rule was that if it is not a major problem that effects the function of your forum then you should not submit a ticket?

Thanks for your reply's guys

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Can you ask for support on the forum? I always have
    You can ask, as long as you dont expect an answer everytime. The forums are not the primary support channel, support deal with tickets first.

Easter or not they are providing a service.
    IB/VB dont cover holidays to the same level as other times. Be thankful they cover them at all, few companies do.

If a post has been read by a staff member they should say so!
    That would be completely impractical and tbh, rather silly.

Leave a comment:

• whitey10tc
    replied
    Yeah true but some of these were posted before the holidays
    and if a staff member reads a post they should suggest to submit a ticket,

The forum also works as a way for other members to see solutions for problems
    when do you submit a ticket ?

Unless it is a major problem I always post it on the forum, The reason is so that I can help from others not just the staff

I have invested a lot of money in vBulletin and waited a long time before I upgraded to 4x and now it is one problem after another
    and I have had no support for any of my issues.

Have you submitted a ticket on any of your threads?
    For the user info block question, try using firebug to find what to change.
    For the SQL error, the best thing would be submit a ticket.
    For the Admincp blank screen check you php limits are high enough, mine was set to low and I would get blank screens and 500 errors until it was raised higher.
    The search moderation I found last week we had the same issue along with a blank attachments page and some other problems that were cased by vbsc. If you have it installed or ever had it in the past remove it and any remnants.

But ultimately for the staff to comment on each post they read would be "Nuts" and would make things very confusing in the end. As for forum support, it's just that forum support. I usually post in the forum then after a couple days I'll submit a ticket unless it's a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• dadoc
    replied
    Yeah true but some of these were posted before the holidays
    and if a staff member reads a post they should suggest to submit a ticket,

The forum also works as a way for other members to see solutions for problems
    when do you submit a ticket ?

Unless it is a major problem I always post it on the forum, The reason is so that I can help from others not just the staff

I have invested a lot of money in vBulletin and waited a long time before I upgraded to 4x and now it is one problem after another
    and I have had no support for any of my issues.

Leave a comment:

• AusPhotography
    replied
    You should have submitted a ticket as that is the correct formal support channel.

The forum is just that, a discussion forum.
    Often a discussion thread will end up with 'submit a ticket' as a solution.
    The support staff are very helpful, but your dealing with a holiday weekend as well.

Leave a comment:

• dadoc
    started a topic Forum support very dissapointing

Forum support very dissapointing

After upgrading I have had a few issues,

after waiting a few days I still cant get any reply, in a few posts that I have started
    Should I just submit a ticket?

If a staff member reads a support post they should say that they have, if they cant help then say they are looking into it or
    cant help or submit a ticket.

a default installation ?

Is this to much to ask ?

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...86#post2280986

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2280959

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ch-Index-Error

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Userinfo-Block