X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by berryracer View Post
    hmmm, maybe ill try disbaling SuperAntiSpyware and NOD32 next time but this is strange why it only happens with vBulletin

Anyway, all is well now, I just upgraded successfully

Tanks for listening to me
    Probably because your download doesn't exist when the download starts. And exactly why I suggested disabling this software to download. Had you done that or added exceptions for the vBulletin.com server, then you probably wouldn't have had a problem. Each download is generated specifically for the license at the time of request. This is why we don't provide the service of providing files to the customer.

Like I said in the ticket, someone uploading the files to your server is an exception not a standard policy. If we uploaded the files for everyone it would add hundreds of manhours of work every week. This is not a service we wish to provide to everyone.

Please resolve your connection issues to this server for the future. It is the best way to make sure the system works.

Leave a comment:

• Froberg
    replied
    I've never had an issue downloading.. And I've always gotten fast and competent support from vBulletin.

Your thread title is inflammatory, mean and unjustified. Moreover your behaviour doesn't exactly endear you to anyone. I suggest an attitude adjustment since it seems that vB staff, in the past, have gone above and beyond reasonable expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    hmmm, maybe ill try disbaling SuperAntiSpyware and NOD32 next time but this is strange why it only happens with vBulletin

Glad you are happy- but maybe an apology to Wayne and the support staff? There are many thousands of VB license holders, we can't be downloading every upgrade for every user and FTPing it up to them. I understand this may have been done in the past but that was a case by case basis where it was obviously the quickest solution to a happy customer- but it wouldn't be practical to stay that way forever- eventually the issue must be addressed and as you see it's not something on our end so we can't "fix" what isn't broken.

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied

Can be that the long wait you have with starting download is causing problems at your end.

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    replied
    Originally posted by HMBeaty View Post
    Did you try disabling NOD? I'm running the same system you are (except I have Home Premium, not Professional) and have never had any problems on any browsers

Leave a comment:

• HMBeaty
    replied
    So I used TeamViewer to logon to the PC of my friend in the Netherlands, logged in from his system and downloaded it just fine.

This is SAD really.

I live in Dubai and have a 16 mbps connection and I can't download a simple 9 MB file from vBulletin, like EVER.....
    Did you try disabling NOD? I'm running the same system you are (except I have Home Premium, not Professional) and have never had any problems on any browsers

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    So I used TeamViewer to logon to the PC of my friend in the Netherlands, logged in from his system and downloaded it just fine.

This is SAD really.

I live in Dubai and have a 16 mbps connection and I can't download a simple 9 MB file from vBulletin, like EVER.....
    Well if you used Teamviewer and it works on your friends PC then you have just proven that its at your own end its either your ISP or your home PC. I still think its either NOD32 or SuperAntiSpyware, always go back to basic when having trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    replied

This is SAD really.

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    replied
    Here is the result of download it with Chrome:

And no I do not have any virus, I only run basic programs, my PC is always updated and so is NOD32 and I run SuperAntiSpyware on a daily basis to clear out any harmful stuff and tracking cookies

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    replied
    When I press Download, the browse just sits there and hangs for ages.

Then I try refreshing the page, when I try again, if I get lucky, the download starts then completes but the archive seems to be corrupted as it would be only like 3- 5 MB in size and the download hasn't even finished properly.

I have never ever had a problem with NOD32, why is it only on this site?

And why was support always helpful and uploaded the file for me on my FTP where I was easily able to download it?

I have paid an arm and a leg for this license! I just want to download the update of the 4.1.9 patch level 1

Here is a proof of how Support was able to upload it for me in the past, seems like Wayne above was in no mood of working!

I will try downloading it with Chrome and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Sometimes after I hit download it is literally 2 or 3 full minutes before the download starts- remember the server is building a custom download package just for you, it's not like downloading something that already exists. Are you sure you're giving it enough time? Have you tried a different web browser?

Apologies if you've been through this before with support, I don't have your past records.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    Can you describe what is happening when you try and download it. If you use VPN and still have problems then its usually something on your own PC that is causing problems. Can you use FireFox or Chrome and try again also if it does not work disable NOD.

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    started a topic vBulletin Support SUCKS

vBulletin Support SUCKS

I have a problem that I can never download the vBulletin softare.

Everytime there is an upgrade I ask a Tech support to upload the file to my server.

I am not using any firewall or proxy breaker

I even tried connecting via a VPN but no luck, whenver I hit the download button nothing happens.

This time When I submitted a support Ticket for someone to upload the zip package to my server and provided them with the FTP details (username/Password)

The agent this time told me that he can't do that for me and suggested me to disable my firewall which I don't even have

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Professional with all Windows updates and NOD32 Antivirus

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support. We can't upload files to your server. I am sorry. This is a problem caused by some firewall software. Temporarily disable any firewall software prior to accessing the Member Area. Then try the download again. Once you have the file, re-enable your firewall.

All the best,
    Wayne Luke
    Technical Support Lead
    vBulletin Solutions Inc.

http://www.vbulletin.com/
    [email protected]

someone help me please!

This sucks!