Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Notification system has changed since 4.X. We didn't have any instant notifications for forums in the past. You should be able to unsubscribe to a forum by visiting the forum and clicking the Subscribed button.

Leave a comment:

• tpearl5
    replied
    When the vb4 version was on this site i was subscribed to a forum. I've never gotten emails about new threads in that forum until recently.

Maybe I'm missing where I can unsubscribe to forums in vb5? Does that part not exist yet?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by LanciaStratos View Post
    Clicking the "unsubscribe" link takes me to a page which says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".
    I can reproduce the issue. Here's a workaround:
    1. Click on the "Subscribers" link on the left pane.
    2. Then switch to "Subscriptions" tab. It will alert the "Unable to contact server" error.
    3. Click on the arrow icon in the "Last Activity" column.
    4. Voila, your subscriptions appear! You can then unsubscribe to each of them as desired.

Leave a comment:

• LanciaStratos
    replied
    I have also been inundated with forum subscription emails over the past few days, and I can't unsubscribe. Here's the email:

Dear LanciaStratos,

ashlkng has made a new post to one of your subscriptions.
    The discussion is located at:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/general/chit-chat/4034050-180fusion-reviews?goto=newpost

Here is the message that has been posted:
    At 180Fusion, we recognize that there are insights to be gained and shared between your Pay Per Click (PPC) and organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts, and we capitalize on this to create an

All the best,
    vBulletin Community Forum

To unsubscribe from this, please visit this page:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member/6908-lanciastratos/subscriptions
    Clicking the "unsubscribe" link takes me to a page which says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    While I can't recreate the issue, it is in JIRA to have it looked at: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12599

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    JUST FYI,

If you go into and try editing your subscriptions when you change pages I am still getting the "Unable to Contact Server" error message.

Scott
    Lead Developer
    of my own site.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by scottct1 View Post
    Gee and it says Lead Developer next to your name.. lead developer of what?

Good news however... after your reply yesterday the messages have seemed to have stopped without me doing anything. So good job to whoever is working o the back end of fixing the issue.
    No changes have been made on our end since your post.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Gee and it says Lead Developer next to your name.. lead developer of what? .
    If you read both lines, you would see the answer.

Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    Gee and it says Lead Developer next to your name.. lead developer of what?

Good news however... after your reply yesterday the messages have seemed to have stopped without me doing anything. So good job to whoever is working o the back end of fixing the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    So Paul you admit then there is a problem? Fix it. Please.
    I dont work on vB5, so I cannot fix any issues that may be in it.

If you are getting e-mail subsriptions you should not be getting, then please log the details in Jira so Kevins team can investigate on Monday.

Ranting in this thread isnt going to achieve anything.

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    Mark I am sorry, but you are still not reading what I am saying... (and I am not trying to be rude... but I am getting a ton of SPAM from vbulletin.com and I did not subscribe to these threads...)

IF I TRY GOING TO THE LINKS YOU POSTED TO UNSUBSCRIBE I SEE PAGE ONE OF THE THREADS I AM SUBSCRIBED TO, IF I TRY GOING TO PAGE 2 I GET THE SERVER ERROR WHICH I POSTED ABOVE BUT WILL POST HERE AGAIN FOR YOU TO SEE. THE SERVER ERROR IS ON YOUR SIDE.

In addition number of other vBulletin owners have reported to me other sites that they are having the same issue. They however won't post here. Most of the emails we are getting are for new posts and threads here. Its not something that we have subscribed to But there is something broken and its on your end. If you can't fix it then unfortunately going to have to report it for what it is, and that is SPAM. If email from vbulletin.com gets blacklisted that would be a bad thing.

I am to report an issue here and instead am getting the run around, when I posted in detail whats wrong. This needs to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You said you clicked a link in the email which failed. I have explained how to unsubscribe directly in the forum. If you continue to be rude to staff your access to the support forum will be revoked.

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    Mark... please learn to READ.

Look up at my above post at the ERROR MESSAGE I get from your server when I try going to the subscription page. I can't even get in to unsubscribe to things.

I just get the box that says UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER when I go to the subscription page.

Also NONE of these message I have gotten are from any thread, that I have read, participated in or subscribed to.

Am I making myself clear? There is a BIG BUG here... FIX IT.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    As Paul said, emails from subscribed threads have been fixed in 5.1.1 which we have just upgraded to. That's why the emails have started, no other reason. They weren't going out before due to a bug that has now been fixed.

They are not spam emails, they are email notifications about replies to threads you are subscribed to.

If you go here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/priva...ribedposts/0/1

And click the button near the top called "Go to subscribtions list"
    You can unsubscribe from any threads there.

Then go here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/settings/notifications
    And turn off email notifications.

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    So Paul you admit then there is a problem? Fix it. Please.

Leave a comment: