Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep seeing this mysterious John (is this a bug?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by napy8gen View Post
    This is very unique bug. I see it too at forumhome at vbulletin 5 connect feedback the last post is empty. It looks like someone is playing with vbulletin. Why not vbulletin admin check this user or delete this user.
    No need to check or delete the user. It is a bug, and we're testing things out on this server for various purposes. One of those things includes the last post time and user. Deleting the user wouldn't accomplish anything and the system could simply pick another user. The more obvious course of action is to resolve the underlying bug.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by napy8gen View Post
    It looks like someone is playing with vbulletin.
    Or vBulletin is playing with someone?

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    replied
    I am not sure about yourselves but I find it all rather intriguing, akin to a haunted house. Keep it up John.

Leave a comment:

• napy8gen
    replied
    This is very unique bug. I see it too at forumhome at vbulletin 5 connect feedback the last post is empty. It looks like someone is playing with vbulletin. Why not vbulletin admin check this user or delete this user.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    I see it now as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    No... It would be a bug. John hasn't been directly involved with vBulletin since the days of vBulletin 3.0.

Leave a comment:

• is_it_me
    replied
    I bug called John, only vB under IB control could produce a bug with a actual real name.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Originally posted by The Crow View Post
    I think it's a bug, I've seen him too (just now)
    Same here. I see that error (?) very often on the home page.

Leave a comment:

• DemOnstar
    replied
    It amazes me how Johns lack of input can cause so much intrigue. Thank you John for providing a light chat forum. It is almost like watching TV.
    A person could be ensconced in a heavy movie, captivated by the real life documentary that is VB 5, then, all of a sudden...

Commercial break.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    I'm sure Mr. Percival is reading up on what's going on these days with the company he started 13 years ago...
    ...and that company is ready to be sold for a bargain price...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Very odd. :/

Leave a comment:

• durruti
    replied
    If my hunch is correct, he may be posting something all these time but we just can't see them.
    Then again, maybe just a bug.

Leave a comment:

• The Crow
    replied
    I think it's a bug, I've seen him too (just now):

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    No version of vBulletin ever had native [youtube] tags.

Embedded videos do work if you use the [video] tag with the full video URL.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I'm sure Mr. Percival is reading up on what's going on these days with the company he started 13 years ago and doing this:

By the way is the "Go Advanced" button supposed to do anything? If not, it should just be removed.
    Last edited by feldon23; Mon 15th Apr '13, 5:30pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X