X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borbole
    replied
    Imho the OP seems to be either a fake/alias or does not have a clue at all. I highly doubt that this is a genuine review.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    actually seeing how the op has 2 post, registered this month and is praising vb.. it seems to have everything to do with the topic.

thanks for your opinion

• rudedog1968
    replied
    Why would you need a TOS to know it's not right to post a review about something your own company makes, but like you said, you never heard nor cared about since. Kind of makes you wonder why you posted in the first place.

Then again, everyone should have been working on the software that is so bug ridden, slow and missing features....then posting rave reviews on said site

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Originally posted by zappaDPJ View Post
    Joe, I'm fairly sure the review that you submitted was genuine. I can however tell you categorically that was not the case across the board. In fact every single reviewer was given the opportunity to verify that their review was genuine but not a single reviewer, including yourself, chose to do so. Some of the reviewers even chose to have their review removed sometime before it hit the fan. This was an attempt by a senior manager to game the system and bombard the site with 5 star reviews. It backfired badly. vBulletin has received yet more negative publicity and further tarnished its reputation. The solution however is an easy one. Stop all the bull****, just focus on developing software that people want to use.
    FWIW I removed my review before it was flagged- once I learned it was against the sites TOS. From what the TOS said it doesn't matter how real the review is, if you have a professional relationship with the company they don't allow the review- there isn't even an option for posting a review before you started your relationship- so there was no point for any of us to argue with Trust Pilot- it wasn't worth it, even if it took 15 minutes of our time, it wasn't worth it- we can all make better use of that time doing VB related support, not arguing about a review on a site I had never heard of before nor cared about since.

Leave a comment:

• nab1x9
    replied
    Yet I'm not comfortable with these features not to work right way I'm still impressive. At least they have done big move.
    Past 5 months or likely I was almost like being hater because of slow loading, lack of working features and jumble every I saw. I once thought this might the end of vbulletin after vb4 - which for me is unsuccessful, but remember it was just beta; and now everything has changed, more usable, faster and famillar. I appreciate and hope they will keep their hardwork. Not a chance to talk deeper to the core, still many things to fix like unstable plugin system and missing working features.
    Why don't ppl see it that way and stop complaining. You have your right to use and not to use any software you like ofc.

If regret why didn't vbulletin just develope vb5 sooner replace vb4.

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    Joe, I'm fairly sure the review that you submitted was genuine. I can however tell you categorically that was not the case across the board. In fact every single reviewer was given the opportunity to verify that their review was genuine but not a single reviewer, including yourself, chose to do so. Some of the reviewers even chose to have their review removed sometime before it hit the fan.

This was an attempt by a senior manager to game the system and bombard the site with 5 star reviews. It backfired badly. vBulletin has received yet more negative publicity and further tarnished its reputation. The solution however is an easy one. Stop all the bull****, just focus on developing software that people want to use.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I wasn't arguing staff were asked to post, we all admit that. But my review was 100% spot on- remember I was a customer before I was staff, like most of the staff- and this review was made when VB4 was in its prime and well before VB5 was released or even in beta testing. There was nothing fake about it. It also wasn't coerced- it was simply asked, not demanded, a review be posted.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    The fact is that staff WAS asked to post reviews, be it fake or not, that was the point of the thread I linked to.

This has also been confired by one of the staff members that had posted.

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Does anyone actually believe anything they read on the Internet anyway?
    You seem to One person (supposedly) said they are fake, and suddendly thats the whole truth, despite the fact several other people have clearly stated their reviews were not fake (and also related to vB4, not vB5). None of this has anything to do with the original subject of this topic either, another hijack by the doom & gloomers.
    I got my information directly from one of the reviewers, a vBulletin alpha/beta tester, where did you get yours from?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Does anyone actually believe anything they read on the Internet anyway?
    You seem to

One person (supposedly) said they are fake, and suddendly thats the whole truth, despite the fact several other people have clearly stated their reviews were not fake (and also related to vB4, not vB5).

None of this has anything to do with the original subject of this topic either, another hijack by the doom & gloomers.

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    No one was coerced into posting fake reviews. People like to exaggerate. The reviews were neither coerced nor fake.Turned out they were against the terms of service of the website which said employees are not allowed to post reviews and they were removed for that reason.

I'm sorry, but that is generally incorrect. The majority of the reviews were fake, one vBSI employee/contractor has already admitted as much in these forums. In addition all of the (now removed) reviews were 5 star and posted within the same 48 hour period. That alone is a pretty good indication they were coerced and fake. In any case, most of the Internet already knows the details of how these came about and who was responsible but so what? Does anyone actually believe anything they read on the Internet anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    No one was coerced into posting fake reviews. People like to exaggerate. The reviews were neither coerced nor fake.Turned out they were against the terms of service of the website which said employees are not allowed to post reviews and they were removed for that reason.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    commented on 's reply
    There was a link posted above that reply
    also we're talking about it here..
    http://admin-talk.com/threads/42963/

• Fergal
    replied
    Originally posted by OhioDave
    ...given the fact vbulletin employees were coerced in to posting fake reviews...
    Where did that happen? Do you have a link with more info?

Leave a comment:

• DulongC
    replied
    Originally posted by TLMD View Post
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    You guys are aware it's entirely possible some are happy with vB 5, right? Maybe the consensus right now is that it's not very good, but different people like different things.
    I think it is hard to believe that there is a live site (with more than a few users only) running vB5 and the users are not going crazy because of all the things that do not work yet...
    I made the mistake of putting 5 on a live site and I have been getting about 30 + emails a day, not to mention being flooded when I login to skype about everything that is broken. In the process of doing a site restore now, not going back to 5 until IB sorts out the 250+ known issues with this.

Leave a comment: