Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying warning !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Annoying warning !!

    Every single page I load on this Forum gives me a very annoying warning box which I have to remove before I can read the page, why do I get it and how can I prevent it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANNOYING.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	3720973
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

  • #2
    I'm getting the same message using IE8. Every thread I load the message appears.

    Comment


    • #3
      This site is using HTTPS protocol and because its UGC - the site is not actually fully behind https. I use firefox5; this does not appear to be an issue.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
        This site is using HTTPS protocol and because its UGC - the site is not actually fully behind https. I use firefox5; this does not appear to be an issue.
        Does this mean that vBulletin.com no longer supports Internet Explorer? Or will vBulletin.com go back to http instead of https?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
          This site is using HTTPS protocol and because its UGC - the site is not actually fully behind https. I use firefox5; this does not appear to be an issue.
          Why because of user generated content, can you eleborate?
          Dutch vBullletin users social group!

          Comment


          • #6
            Easy, any remotely linked image etc is not behind the HTTPS, and that causes the error in IE. It drives me crazy on a site I administer as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              I concur. Using IE9 produces a message on almost every secure server (https) page. Very annoying.

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's how to disable this annoying prompt:

                1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
                2. Select the "Security" tab -> Click the "Custom Level" button
                3. In the "Miscellaneous" section change “Display mixed content” to Enable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  does nothing for me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    Here's how to disable this annoying prompt:

                    1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
                    2. Select the "Security" tab -> Click the "Custom Level" button
                    3. In the "Miscellaneous" section change “Display mixed content” to Enable.
                    That actually seems to be working for me. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Freezerator View Post
                      Why because of user generated content, can you eleborate?
                      If there is anything on the page which is not using https protocol but using http, you will have the image.

                      By user generated content, you can understand by anything any user posted here which is not using https protocol.

                      vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

                      Next release? Soon(tm)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by josiah1 View Post
                        Every single page I load on this Forum gives me a very annoying warning box which I have to remove before I can read the page, why do I get it and how can I prevent it.

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]54107[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for the screenshot, have forgotten we can choose different styles here. Now it's more nice.
                        B.t.w. I recommend Opera, the best browser around.
                        .......

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I do remember getting an email telling us that it was going to go to be a https site due to people worried about how secure the site was. Probably best to read your emails so that you know what is going on.
                          Aussiefootyforums

                          New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I wonder how many people never register to the site as you get the same annoying message from the Captcha when registering.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Marco64Th View Post
                              I wonder how many people never register to the site as you get the same annoying message from the Captcha when registering.
                              I suspect vBulletin is losing sales due to this problem. Imagine a new prospective customer getting this prompt with each page load, makes the software look broken.

                              The best solution would be for vbulletin to go back to http. Another issue with using https is that for testing purposes, the SSL acts differently than with regular http, this makes identifying problems very difficult because some bugs only appear when the http URL is used.
                              Last edited by Andy; Sun 21st Aug '11, 7:50am.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X