Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you separate the vBulletin 4 Troubleshooting forum into separate sub-forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you separate the vBulletin 4 Troubleshooting forum into separate sub-forums?

I am fed up with searching for an answer to an issue I am having with the CMS, and having to wade through a load of Forum replies as well. Why can't the CMS and Forum be two separate subforums? Then I could just search in the CMS forum, or wherever, for the relevant issue.

We're using prefixes for CMS and Forum so you should be able to tell which is which from there.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Yes, I can tell which is which. But I still have to trawl through pages and pages of results about the Forum, when what I want is to search specifically for CMS issues.

Try searching for "add tags" and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	prefix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	3682672

Comment

Thanks, that's great. I still think it would be easier to surf a subforum though, especially when not searching but just looking through it.

Comment

google is probably a better way to search this site. however "add tags" is a tricky one as the word "tags" is all over the place anyway and "add" is 3 letters. I've run into similar issues myself. Good luck!

Comment

You can search by prefix if you do a search on a single content type on the Advanced Search page.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sear...?search_type=1

Choose the forum and tell it to search the CMS and CMS Answered prefixes only. To get around the limitation of three letter searches, add an * to the end of the word.

The problem with adding a new forum is that often times the answer works for both the CMS and the Forums. Plus continually adding forums makes management more difficult. Not from a software standpoint but from a human one.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                You can search by prefix if you do a search on a single content type on the Advanced Search page.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sear...?search_type=1

Choose the forum and tell it to search the CMS and CMS Answered prefixes only. To get around the limitation of three letter searches, add an * to the end of the word.

The problem with adding a new forum is that often times the answer works for both the CMS and the Forums. Plus continually adding forums makes management more difficult.
                good tip!

Comment

I would be great if the CMS troubleshooting was in its own subforum.

Comment

Working...
                  X