When is VB moving to HTML5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
    I see that I'm not the only one with that issue.
    same here

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
      same here
      After a quick check on Google Webmasters, 5 out of the top 20 relate to my forum content. The rest are what were posted above or usernames/titles.

Comment

Originally posted by wellCalvert
        Well I am also facing this issue including another issue
        Sometimes...the link in VB code do not work at the forum...
        I tried my best but failed every time.
        If someone could help me!
        regards
        To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I do support HTML5,but for the complex forum style,the official won't moving to HTML5.

Comment

More and more sites are switching to html5. Youtube just did.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

If It ever happens, I would have to guess it'll be the next version of vBulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                If It ever happens, I would have to guess it'll be the next version of vBulletin.
                Not to sound funny Zachery but at the speed vBulletin works at the moment when you switch to HTML 5 i have a feeling HTML 6 will be there.

Comment

HTML5 isn't even a finished spec yet

Comment

True, but demand for its features causes browsers and major websites to adopt it already.
                    Its similar to javascript. vbulletin is still on YUI2, while YUI3 was released back in 2009. By the time vb uses YUI3, we may already be in need of YUI4 support.
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

Actually, we're transitioning over to jquery slowly.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Very slowly Im afraid. I found the YUI2>3>4 example more clear, but the same point can be made with jquery.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

Thank goodness.
                          Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                          Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

That's to be welcomed, as long as we don't get stuff sliding and zooming in and fading in and out all over the place, as seems to be the fashion lately.

Too many sites make me dizzy nowadays.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                              That's to be welcomed, as long as we don't get stuff sliding and zooming in and fading in and out all over the place, as seems to be the fashion lately.

Too many sites make me dizzy nowadays.
                              Well, sliding/fading has nothing to do with jQuery. You can do annoying stuff like that with YUI just fine.

That being said... I don't personally think sliding/fading is all bad, but it certainly be overdone. We use a slide/fade effect for quick reply/edits on digitalpoint.com for example:

Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                              Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

Originally posted by digitalpoint View Post
                                Well, sliding/fading has nothing to do with jQuery. You can do annoying stuff like that with YUI just fine.

That being said... I don't personally think sliding/fading is all bad, but it certainly be overdone. We use a slide/fade effect for quick reply/edits on digitalpoint.com for example:

Ohh now that's purdy .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                                Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                                Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X