Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    And this, it does exceptionally well.

What users must understand, is the style generator isn't intended to give you a complete, functioning style. It will cover the vast majority of areas for you, there will still be bits of blue knocking about and some of the colours will need to be tweaked but it saves hours of time.
    But it should really, I don't see the point of having a style generator built-in if it doesn't cover all colour areas. With you later having to manually edit some files to compete things. That's not user friendly at all.

Comment

I'm also a fan of the style generator
      I had a few color request and was able to make up a few style, it took about 10 mins and the members love them.

+1 for vBulletin
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I have entered a different sort of style generator in the Tracker one that allows visual alteration to sections. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10247

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          But it should really, I don't see the point of having a style generator built-in if it doesn't cover all colour areas. With you later having to manually edit some files to compete things. That's not user friendly at all.
          Well it can't make coloured images for you, for starters.

It's not perfect, and needs work to improve it, but I could never have faced going in and changing all the colours manually, even with the consolidated stylevars.

It does still need work, but it's an exceptionally useful tool and makes the creation of a basic, mostly-complete alternative colour scheme easier than vb3 was.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

where i can find the Colour/Style Generator ?
            My Women's Forums:

Comment

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Generator
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The fact that it allows you to create your own style and have your own colours is the awesome thing about it.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I am currently using a skin I created with the style generator, with some extra tweaks, initially I didn't use the generator much, but now I like it very much, it could use a little work to make it perfect, to allow for greater customization, but as it is, it is very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by ShyGuy82 View Post
                    Trevor, I actually LOVE the style generator but you absolutely MUST include the option to load an existing style into Generator because its a 1 shot deal. If you screw something up you have to go back to stylevars to change everything.
                    Exactly. Without it I feel it's worthless.

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                    If you want a new feature added, you will need to add it to the Tracker I'm afraid otherwise it won't be looked at.
                    Feature? It should have been included in the first place. It's not a feature to include it, it's a bug not to.

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva View Post
                    The fact that it allows you to create your own style and have your own colours is the awesome thing about it.
                    Save it once. What if you want to edit it, or has something changed?
                    ...steven
                    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

after we make a new style in the Style Generator .
                      hoow can i edit it back in the Style Generator ?
                      My Women's Forums:

Comment

Originally posted by samiro View Post
                        after we make a new style in the Style Generator .
                        hoow can i edit it back in the Style Generator ?
                        You duplicate the default style: Go AdminCP>Styles & Templates>Style Manager>Add New Style

In the next screen you give it "No Parent Style"
                        Title: <Name Style>
                        Allow user selection: You need to make your own choice here
                        Display Order: You can leave this empty you can always change it later

You will now have a default template from the master style that you can play with if you don't need it anymore you can delete this style also this way you can experiment with styles and the style generator.

Comment

Yes, the style generator was a great idea vBulletin. Good thinking.

Comment

I agree, this is a great help. I'd rather have the new Style Generator set up most of the colors with a few left to tweak, than do the whole business myself.
                            Very nice!

Comment

I think it is has been a great help so far. Yes, I had to manually change some things but it gave me a good base.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X