vB 4 Colour/Style Generator is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 4 Colour/Style Generator is awesome

Just thought I would let you know that I am loving the VB 4 Colour/Style Generator.

Whoever thought of putting that in you have made a lot of people very happy.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

I find it a little limited in my opinion. But it surely is a start.

Comment

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva View Post
      Just thought I would let you know that I am loving the VB 4 Colour/Style Generator.

Whoever thought of putting that in you have made a lot of people very happy.
      Thank you.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's awesome because you can make your own skins for the other members at their request. So it's a win-win situation.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

It is a nice system but i find it a bit limited but maybe i had a wrong impression to begin with. I thought when this option came that you would see the colors used on the forum and that you could change it, with a nice example next to it.

Comment

It's inclusion was to aid those who wanted simple, alternative styles made very quickly and without the need for CSS knowledge. It was never designed to create fantastically extravagant styles...
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              It's inclusion was to aid those who wanted simple, alternative styles made very quickly and without the need for CSS knowledge. It was never designed to create fantastically extravagant styles...
              Yes but is it not more logical to have a style generator that you see the default forum and press a section so you can alter that section. This is nice to have the style generator but it can become much more.

Comment

without the need for CSS knowledge. It was never designed to create fantastically extravagant styles...
                Trevor it certainly makes creating rather simple color change style possible but stylevar edits are still required for anything except new light colored style. The forum blocks header text will be dark on a dark background until it is manually edited in stylevars. This can be a bit daunting for those just beginning.
                [URL="http://unified4change.com"]unified4change.com[/URL="http://unified4change.com"]|[URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]AllThingsGermany.com[/URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]|[URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]BeergodsGarage.com[/URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
                  It is a nice system but i find it a bit limited but maybe i had a wrong impression to begin with. I thought when this option came that you would see the colors used on the forum and that you could change it, with a nice example next to it.
                  I will put this way, It's limited but it allows you to try different colours without making your forum look overpowering. It helps when you have plenty of people asking questions like can I have a blue and white theme?

Well put. It's a start, people can have their favourite colours.
                  Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
                  Yes but is it not more logical to have a style generator that you see the default forum and press a section so you can alter that section. This is nice to have the style generator but it can become much more.
                  Even just to have 5 different colours for other people who are looking to join as a start. You might be able to fix a lot of them up when we can upgrade.

Originally posted by Robbiefritz View Post
                  Trevor it certainly makes creating rather simple color change style possible but stylevar edits are still required for anything except new light colored style. The forum blocks header text will be dark on a dark background until it is manually edited in stylevars. This can be a bit daunting for those just beginning.
                  Yeah agreed. Even trying to change the colour of the default theme, it won't let you. It's limited.
                  Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

I like the style generator a lot also, but it seems you've put it to better use than me. My styles don't ever turn out as nice as the ones I see on your forum

Comment

Originally posted by Destron View Post
                      I like the style generator a lot also, but it seems you've put it to better use than me. My styles don't ever turn out as nice as the ones I see on your forum
                      You just have to keep trying.
                      If your members request a couple of colours you are able to provide. It mightn't turn out right but at least you have done your members a service.
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Originally posted by Robbiefritz View Post
                        It's not perfect but it gives a good starting point. Plus, I think that worked OK before but may be broken in the current version - might be a bug for that already?
                        Vote for:

-

Comment

Trevor, I actually LOVE the style generator but you absolutely MUST include the option to load an existing style into Generator because its a 1 shot deal. If you screw something up you have to go back to stylevars to change everything.
                          Speed up your member list page by at least 5x (4.x.x)

http://nicknameregister.com/files/20...0/ShyGuy82.jpg

Comment

If you want a new feature added, you will need to add it to the Tracker I'm afraid otherwise it won't be looked at.
                            Vote for:

-

Comment

It's inclusion was to aid those who wanted simple, alternative styles made very quickly and without the need for CSS knowledge.
                              And this, it does exceptionally well.

What users must understand, is the style generator isn't intended to give you a complete, functioning style. It will cover the vast majority of areas for you, there will still be bits of blue knocking about and some of the colours will need to be tweaked but it saves hours of time.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X