X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask for URLs in a topic!

Dear Sir / Madam,

Recently I use for my forum software vBulletin. On various forums I have seen that if one enters a URL that the URL is directly converted into the name of the relevant topic / site where the URL is about. How can I set this in my vbulletin, so if a URL is not the entire URL there, but only the name of the relevant topic / site?

Example:

This is the link:http://www.kabinetsformatie2010.nl/A...indverslag_aan

That is completely normal so placed, but on another forum that also uses vBulletin do not you see the entire link, but: Opstelten biedt eindverslag aan - Kabinetsformatie

This state or in the form of a link, but not with the full URL. This happens automatically on that forum. How can I set for my forum?

Can you help me? Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Babii

I now see that your forum link all these places and not as I now take place, this is normally automatic (that other forum). So, wants to know how to set.

So, it is more look and I know that other forum that does that automatically:

Opstelten biedt eindverslag aan - Kabinetsformatie

Comment

Okay, I mean exactly what the included link indicates. But I can download anything?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ighlight=title

Comment

First, you need to purchase a License. Then follow the steps in the manual that Lynne's linked for you.

Then, if you're having any issues, to get vB support on these forums you will need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to support@vbulletin.com. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Stole the post from Steve btw

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
          First, you need to purchase a License. Then follow the steps in the manual that Lynne's linked for you.

Then, if you're having any issues, to get vB support on these forums you will need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to support@vbulletin.com. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Stole the post from Steve btw
          That would explain the reference to a non-present Lynne..
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            That would explain the reference to a non-present Lynne..
            What ever better stolen it good than written it bad. But never the less he needs to make sure he done all those steps and he knows where he is in that list.

Comment

As we_are_borg says above, please register for Priority Forum Support then post in the correct forum.
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
              - "Quick Route" Interface...
              - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X