Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4.1.1 already? what about vBulletin 4.1.0 Gold Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Cat
    replied
    It is well worth waiting for 4.1 IMO.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtek View Post
    Why?
    Because we don't know what it will be.

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    No,it does not.
    Why?

And i don't think that it will come so early as you all think.
    ATM we're waiting for 4.0.8 and i'm sure that 4.1 will not be released some weeks later.
    My 0.02$

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Helmut71 View Post
    Hello. I am planing to upgrade my forums to vb4 - is there any aprox. release date for vb4.1?
    There isn't. There are only guesses.

Does it make sense to wait for it?
    No,it does not.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    There is no date atm, but sometime in the next few weeks would be my bet. Certainly before the end of 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Helmut71
    replied
    Hello. I am planing to upgrade my forums to vb4 - is there any aprox. release date for vb4.1? Does it make sense to wait for it?

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    mmo-champion is very busy site, it's the place to be if you want updated info about World of Warcraft, the registered users is nothing against the guest that visit and read everything.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Byggahus View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thougth "active users" (or active members under what's going on) meant logged in users the last 90 days.
    In this case, he mean active as in online:
    There are currently 15106 users online. 952 members and 14154 guests
    mmo-champion is a very active and high traffic website.

Leave a comment:

• Byggahus
    replied
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thougth "active users" (or active members under what's going on) meant logged in users the last 90 days.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Here is a site running vBulletin 4.X with over 20,000 active users daily - http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Porsche Dan View Post
    Steve,

I'm concerned with what I have read here. I just purchased vB 4.05 for a site that will host 1k+ users. Will this software support such a site? If not now, when? I will find out sooner than later so an honest answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dan
    What is your concern about 1k users exactly? We have 228,000 member on these forums.

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Not sure why you think I can tell when you purchased, or that it matters to the story.. you could have purchased in the presale for all I know.

The point I made is: The only difference between the version available the day before Gold, and the Gold one, is that it is officially supported.
    If Gold means when it gets support then it is really poor nomenclature.

I purchased it at the end of February based on what I could see as a non-licensed owner. If Gold is not stated as an attempt to pass on a feeling of a certain level of quality in this context it does lose meaning hence (I don't know what gold really means anymore). I still don't understand your response to my post. You are the only one that can understand as you said this. Not me. I only stated that I didn't know what gold means anymore.

My answer is still yes.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    Absolutely positively 100% yes. Why wouldn't I be happier? I would not have bought it if it was still in BETA. I would have been waiting for it to go GOLD.

I really for the life of me cannot understand your response. Not one tiny bit. Can what happened in all honesty be what you would consider GOLD when it was released?
    Not sure why you think I can tell when you purchased, or that it matters to the story.. you could have purchased in the presale for all I know.

The point I made is: The only difference between the version available the day before Gold, and the Gold one, is that it is officially supported.

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    So you would have honestly been happier if the software had been called Beta all this time, and nobody would be entitled to any support whatsoever for running it?
    Absolutely positively 100% yes. Why wouldn't I be happier? I would not have bought it if it was still in BETA. I would have been waiting for it to go GOLD.

I really for the life of me cannot understand your response. Not one tiny bit. Can what happened in all honesty be what you would consider GOLD when it was released?
    Last edited by jonsidneyb; Tue 17th Aug '10, 10:43pm.

Leave a comment:

• Porsche Dan
    replied
    Steve,

I'm concerned with what I have read here. I just purchased vB 4.05 for a site that will host 1k+ users. Will this software support such a site? If not now, when? I will find out sooner than later so an honest answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dan

Leave a comment: