Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4.1.1 already? what about vBulletin 4.1.0 Gold Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear this guy is the funniest person ever on these forums!

Comment

Actually, I am deeply impressed.

Comment

IB just cannot wait to get rid of the 3.8.x series. That is all that means. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
          Clarkey. You're the only user online on your forum, so if its fine from where you are sitting, that vb4 has over 1.600 confirmed bugs, then please mind that this is different from having an active forum where many will complain.
          I'm really tired of this elitist attitude where all of a sudden the validity of someone's opinion is based on how active their forum is.

The guy is happy with the software, you're not. No real need to discuss why your opinion means more than his, because it doesn't.
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Curious about something here. When vBulletin 4.1.x gets released, is there going to be a new fee attached to download and use it. Or will existing active licence holders have the abilty to use it as normal at no extra cost?

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
              Curious about something here. When vBulletin 4.1.x gets released, is there going to be a new fee attached to download and use it. Or will existing active licence holders have the abilty to use it as normal at no extra cost?
              The license is for 4.x. So no fee. Not until v5 anyway.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by steven s View Post
                The license is for 4.x. So no fee. Not until v5 anyway.
                We'll see later, not trying to correct you or anything here on this. But it does say 4.0, and not 4.1 here in the images: https://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

But we'll see either way happens, you could well be right.

Comment

We'll see later, not trying to correct you or anything here on this. But it does say 4.0, and not 4.1 here in the images: https://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

But we'll see either way happens, you could well be right.
                  It will be a bloody mutiny if that's not the case.

Edit and added from the license agreement.
                  For purposes of this Agreement, "Software" includes (and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to) any updates, updated or replacement features enhancements, bug fixes or modified versions (collectively, "Update"). "Update" means a release of the Software which adds minor functionality enhancements to the current version. This class of release is identified by the change of the version number to the right of the decimal point, i.e. 4.1 to 4.2. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, you have no License or right to use any such Update unless, at the time of acquiring such Update, you already hold a valid License to the original Software and have paid any applicable fee for the Update.
                  ...steven
                  www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                  bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                  "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

A very interesting agreement.

Comment

For purposes of this Agreement, "Software" includes (and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to) any updates, updated or replacement features enhancements, bug fixes or modified versions (collectively, "Update"). "Update" means a release of the Software which adds minor functionality enhancements to the current version. This class of release is identified by the change of the version number to the right of the decimal point, i.e. 4.1 to 4.2. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, you have no License or right to use any such Update unless, at the time of acquiring such Update, you already hold a valid License to the original Software and have paid any applicable fee for the Update.

Sounds like they could easily turn VB 4.X to VB 5.x with a simple addon!

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                        Yea, that scared my some time ago, but if they would do that, it would be like they shoot them self in the head, because i'm sure they would loose the "loyal" customers which didn't go already so i hope that they learned from the past and wouldn't do that^^

Comment

How do simple questions turn out to be a waste of time reading? Another one of "those" threads I see. Off to work, anything is better than this.

Hijacked? - Touche'

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                          Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                            They worded that agreement very carefully, so as to make it very flexible in what they can do.

you already hold a valid License to the original Software and have paid any applicable fee for the Update

Comment

If you have a vB4 license, then you get access to all 4.x versions released at no extra charge.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Over 4700 posts and you're hanging around here most every day but you ask such questions? It seems you are on the way to act only provocative here, aren't you?

Comment