• Show
Clear All
    Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by Geni View Post
    There was definitely a link in the footer during vb3. I always used that link to get to my members area.
    Possibly, I dont recall that far back now, and I dont look at footers that much anyway - the top of a page is where most people look for links - and as I mentioned, you can get to it via the footer now.

Originally posted by Infopro View Post
    Paul M just missed it when it was there, I guess.
    He was also on the team that alpha/beta tested vb4 so well for us all, IIRC.

Hmmm...
    Meaning what exactly ?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfhidden View Post
    Why thank you punchbowl. Any idea why this isn't in the navigation?
    It is if you log in on the main website. A link will appear labeled "Customers". It is also linked on the support tab of the site.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M

• Loco.M
    replied
    either way, you can get to the members area from the home page, which is how I would always find the place.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Bob

• Mr_Bob
    replied
    There were most certainly links to the members area, product overview page, and a few others (I forget many of the additional, but there were a few). They wouldn't be that difficult to add at all either, literally a 10 sec template edit

Leave a comment:

• Infopro

• Infopro
    replied
    Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
    That comes across as a negative comment about the test team, but those guys tested the hell out of vB4, and did a damn good job; they reported many problems, made many suggestions, and gave their all toward helping vB4 become a good product. Many of them even accurately predicted what would happen if their feedback was not listened to. And guess what, they weren't listened to much of the time. Sometimes, yes, but a lot of times no.

So don't come down on the testers. They did their job. Others did not (I suspect it was IB much more than the developers themselves).
    Not negative at all, you're surely reading too much into my comment something you think you see that's just not there. I even said thanks.

Why all the swearing in your post, upset today?

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Infopro View Post
    ...He was also on the team that alpha/beta tested vb4 so well for us all, IIRC.

Hmmm...

Thanks?
    That comes across as a negative comment about the test team, but those guys tested the hell out of vB4, and did a damn good job; they reported many problems, made many suggestions, and gave their all toward helping vB4 become a good product. Many of them even accurately predicted what would happen if their feedback was not listened to. And guess what, they weren't listened to much of the time. Sometimes, yes, but a lot of times no.

So don't come down on the testers. They did their job. Others did not (I suspect it was IB much more than the developers themselves).

Leave a comment:

• Infopro

• Infopro
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    There has never been a link to it from the forum.

If you go to the footer and click on "vBulletin", that takes you to the site root which has links to the members area.
    Originally posted by Geni View Post
    There was definitely a link in the footer during vb3. I always used that link to get to my members area.
    Sure there was a link in the footer.

Paul M just missed it when it was there, I guess.
    He was also on the team that alpha/beta tested vb4 so well for us all, IIRC.

Hmmm...

Thanks?

Leave a comment:

• Geni
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Homeworld'sa

• Homeworld'sa
    replied
    Wrong.
    When the site had vB3, there were links in the footer.

Leave a comment:

• Riasat

• Riasat
    replied
    which is a stupid idea.

they should learn from vB Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org

• Paul M
    replied

If you go to the footer and click on "vBulletin", that takes you to the site root which has links to the members area.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl

• punchbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfhidden View Post
    No-one suggested it or started a bug report? It used to be in the footer wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Halfhidden

• Halfhidden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl

• punchbowl
    replied
    http://members.vbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• Halfhidden

• Halfhidden
    started a topic Who else is lost here?

Who else is lost here?

I have to be honest now... this is a little like my local council website. I've been crawling it for hours to find just two things and have given up on both.
    1 blogs download software for version 3.8.5
    2 members area (now seemingly vanished)

What happened to that wonderful website we once knew called VBulletin?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X