Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
    Search is supposed to be simple.
    I agree, that is why there is a simple search form on every page. This is the advanced search by content type page though. I can see how this would cause confusion though. I'll recommend that the "cansearch" flag be removed in a default installation.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37254
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      I agree, that is why there is a simple search form on every page. This is the advanced search by content type page though. I can see how this would cause confusion though. I'll recommend that the "cansearch" flag be removed in a default installation.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37254
      How can I find all posts I've made to a certain forum on this site? I can find my posts site wide, just not in a specific forum?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?search_type=1 Check which forums you want to search, there is a search limit as there always has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?search_type=1 Check which forums you want to search, there is a search limit as there always has been.
          How do I get to that page with the forums listed?

Usually I go here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php

Comment

Use the URL that Zachery posted or click on the "Search Single Content Type" tab after clicking your URL.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Search by default leads to the multiple content types, click single content type.

Comment

Search by default leads to the multiple content types, click single content type.
                Based on the color of the tab, I thought it was defaulting to 'single content', not multiple content.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                  Based on the color of the tab, I thought it was defaulting to 'single content', not multiple content.

thanks
                  I can totally see that, and agree with you. Not sure what can be done about it.

Comment

I can totally see that, and agree with you. Not sure what can be done about it.
                    If it were my site, I would do a skin change to make it more obvious. I'm using the bold gray skin on this site, but even the default skin it is hard to tell.

I would put the default on the left and make the contrast more obvious. I realize you cannot do that on vb.com.

Comment

If it were my site, I would do a skin change to make it more obvious. I'm using the bold gray skin on this site, but even the default skin it is hard to tell.

I would put the default on the left and make the contrast more obvious. I realize you cannot do that on vb.com.
                      I mean in the short term I would advise putting in a bug report about it, it is a bit of a bug and it def seems to be counter to what most of the other pages appear to be.

Comment

I hope I am not off base here but can staff put in bug reports?

Comment

We do put in bug reports, we normally ask others to put in bug reports as they may have better experience or be able to describe the bug or steps to reproduce it. Plus it means we can get back to doing support quicker.

Comment

We do put in bug reports, we normally ask others to put in bug reports as they may have better experience or be able to describe the bug or steps to reproduce it. Plus it means we can get back to doing support quicker.
                            I think I'll let you do the bug reporting Zach, you are a professional and know how to get things done.

The last bug I reported and followed up on took 20+ hours out of my life I'll never get back. I'm sure a professional like yourself could have made sure it was done in a much more efficient manner. and............................................ If I received some compensation, of almost any type, that would be one thing... but I believe the opposite occurred last October.

Comment

nvm wrong forum/thread

Comment

I think I'll let you do the bug reporting Zach, you are a professional and know how to get things done.

The last bug I reported and followed up on took 20+ hours out of my life I'll never get back. I'm sure a professional like yourself could have made sure it was done in a much more efficient manner. and............................................ If I received some compensation, of almost any type, that would be one thing... but I believe the opposite occurred last October.
                                On the other hand, our intimate knowledge of the software actually prevents us from recreating many bugs that aren't defined by the person that is experiencing them. We subconsciously do things differently because we know how it is supposed to work. For instance, the search works just fine for me aside from the fact that the number of results is severely restricted on this site. I, however, know how to use it. I did point out to the designers that the tab highlighting was confusing because it is backwards compared to how the other tabs work in the system. Other than that we need more feedback to make it easier for you to know how to use the system as well.

Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X