This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to ask

if i report a site what happens to the site?

If the site has a legitimate license then nothing. If the site is found to be in violation of the vBulletin License Agreement, or does not hold a valid, active license, then the report will progress to the next level. By 'next level' I'm assuming it will be forwarded on to PirateReports (vBulletin anti-piracy team) to be further investigated.

Pending further investigation the site may be shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by eliee View Post
      if i report a site what happens to the site?
      It gets investigated by the staff on here and if necessary the police are brought in and usually the owner of the site is told to explain why they are doing something illegal.

To report a site please go to http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy or if you want to explain it [email protected]
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
        It gets investigated by the staff on here and if necessary the police are brought in
        As usual, you are wrong and don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Pirate reports are managed and investigated by third-party company: Pirate Reports -- not the vBulletin staff.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

Pirate Reports (linked by Nick) takes the action required to shut down a website. That's all you need to know.

Comment

Post with personal insult removed. Thread closed.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X