Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this site quiet down a bit for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheat-master30
    replied
    Considering most of these other 'places to talk' are currently less active even than here, I wonder if the announcements closing and all the arguing in the Licensed Customer Feedback forum has meant most people have become most hesistant to discuss vBulletin itself, because there's no drop in people using the software.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra Oscar
    replied
    Noticed it ever since they closed the announcements section.

I don't have much to really discuss in individual threads, so I just lurk. I guess there are more like me.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    Site seems normal to me - maybe we're visiting different sections...
    Depends on where you look. It has been quieter.

Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
    Well I meant mainly like Community forums, the management forum and the licensed customer feedback forum. I generally ignore the support side of these sites unless I actually need assistance. I swear for example the latter forum used to be way more active (the one with all the vBulletin 4 controversy topics...)
    Well, considering events and uncertainty people have, it's not surprising they've moved on to other places to talk.

Leave a comment:

• cheat-master30
    replied
    Well I meant mainly like Community forums, the management forum and the licensed customer feedback forum. I generally ignore the support side of these sites unless I actually need assistance. I swear for example the latter forum used to be way more active (the one with all the vBulletin 4 controversy topics...)

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    Originally posted by cheat-master30 View Post
    It seems this site gets hardly any of the posts it once did, and today's posts at one point was actually less than my own forum of about one millionth the size. Maybe I'm just overreacting, and it's because there isn't much news on the vBulletin 4 front, but it's surprising seeing only 100 or less posts listed in Today's Posts, and even the more active forums here seem to now have hour or so breaks between last posts...
    Site seems normal to me - maybe we're visiting different sections...

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Onimua View Post
    I believe it's because of the announcements. There's usually a spike in which people come after an announcement goes out.
    People rushed in, hoping for the big annoncement of licensing changes and/or vB 4.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Noticed this on the forumhome ;

I believe it's because of the announcements. There's usually a spike in which people come after an announcement goes out.

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Looks like the mail server just caught up. A couple of hours ago I received about 10 messages indicating replies to subscribed threads going back to last Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Noticed this on the forumhome ;

Most users ever online was 9,165, Fri 26th Jun '09 at 4:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I never really did visit the .com all that much, but it's seems just as active as it always was.

Leave a comment:

• jmurrayhead
    replied
    It must have slowed down because I've been on vacation

Leave a comment:

• cheat-master30
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    We had either server problems or a DoS earlier today which could have accounted for that.

Since I read every new post on the board I can say that I have not noticed any slow-down of posts lately.
    I noticed that, the site basically slowed down to a crawl. Considering how much I generally post here when bored, it was kinda depressing. Don't know why anyone would want to attack vBulletin.com though.

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
    I think it's died down after the first members of vB dev team left and the leak.. after that I think people have moved on.

I know Steve and someone else said "it's the summer season, the activity falls during this time".

Anyways, I just think many members have left or got fed up of not having management communication.

I've checked out other webmaster forums and you can see the TRUE reactions of members out there. Guess most are scared of posting here, or know it will be censored in some way.

Go and read some of them for the people that haven't, and you'll see why activity has dropped.

Mines personally will be dropping soon too.
    It's kinda funny considering the new slogan:

vBulletinĀ® gets people talking.

Although I get where the slogan comes from, every site I've seen switch to vBulletin seems to double or triple it's activity rate, and I know quite a few people who won't join anything but vBulletin powered forums.

Out of curiosity though, what do you mean by 'other webmaster forums'? The only one I know with vBulletin 4 releated discussion was vBulletin Setup, sites like Sitepoint/Digitalpoint/Web Hosting Talk/the first three or four pages of searching 'vBulletin 4' in Google seem pretty quiet on the changes, devs leaving, etc, so I don't really get where all this 'members speak their mind on vBulletin 4 elsewhere' brigade is coming from.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    It seems to be ok now. But yeah there was something weird going on yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    I think it's died down after the first members of vB dev team left and the leak.. after that I think people have moved on.

I know Steve and someone else said "it's the summer season, the activity falls during this time".

Anyways, I just think many members have left or got fed up of not having management communication.

I've checked out other webmaster forums and you can see the TRUE reactions of members out there. Guess most are scared of posting here, or know it will be censored in some way.

Go and read some of them for the people that haven't, and you'll see why activity has dropped.

Mines personally will be dropping soon too.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    We had either server problems or a DoS earlier today which could have accounted for that.

Since I read every new post on the board I can say that I have not noticed any slow-down of posts lately.

Leave a comment: