Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i report about some forume

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how can i report about some forume

    hi
    how are u
    i know forums unlicensed
    how can i report them so you close them...
    ??
    how?

  • #2
    Please do that here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

    Thank you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Please do that here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

      Thank you.
      Steve,

      How long do these investigations typically take?

      It seems it should be a quick look at the license database and a couple of clicks on the URL. I host a site which I am almost certain is using a nulled copy of vBulletin (the files have no license number at the top and no download time at the bottom), reported it, and have heard nothing. The site is still there. I'd like to ban the site with cause, but I need help.
      World War Two Zone

      JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jim O View Post
        reported it, and have heard nothing
        You won't

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
          You won't
          I'm the host (did you miss that part?). Who else is going to terminate the site?
          World War Two Zone

          JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jim O View Post
            I'm the host (did you miss that part?)
            Yes, actually, I did. Sorry. A little tired.

            Comment


            • #7
              No problem. Like I said, I would rather do it with cause. I paid for my licenses.
              World War Two Zone

              JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

              Comment


              • #8
                As did I which is why when someone runs a pirated version of vBulletin (or anything really), that crap pisses me off. lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jim O View Post
                  Steve,

                  How long do these investigations typically take?
                  It's not simply a mater of finding out if that have a valid license. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.

                  Some sites may be hosted in places that don't respect copyright laws. Some may have purchased a licenseafter getting their warning. Some just pick up and move to another host after getting shut down. And some may just take a while to get shut down.

                  Thank you for your reports. Believe me, we DO follow-up within the limits of our power.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                  Steve Machol Photography


                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    It's not simply a mater of finding out if that have a valid license. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.
                    I'm the host and I made the report. Seems I would quickly cooperate...

                    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    Some sites may be hosted in places that don't respect copyright laws. Some may have purchased a licenseafter getting their warning. Some just pick up and move to another host after getting shut down. And some may just take a while to get shut down.
                    My business address is in Virginia and all of our servers are in the US. We follow and respect US law. The site is still there and the files still have no customer number (just checked).

                    Like I said, I find it even more irritating because I paid for my licenses. It's much easier for me to shut down warez and rapid leech sites. In those cases I know they violate my TOS/AUP. Something that *may* be a license issue I feel I need some confirmation.
                    World War Two Zone

                    JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Then how do you know they do not have a valid license?

                      At any rate this is not the place to discuss this. If you are the host, then send a ticket from your hosting domain and we can look into this.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                        Then how do you know they do not have a valid license?
                        I can't be certain since I don't have access to your database but the files lack the "customer number" section at the top and the download timestamp at the bottom. It's a pretty good guess but I could be wrong. I have other reasons as well but I won't state them here.

                        Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                        At any rate this is not the place to discuss this. If you are the host, then send a ticket from your hosting domain and we can look into this.
                        I made a report. Is there something else you are asking me to do?
                        World War Two Zone

                        JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          All vBulletin releases are leaving out the Customer Number from the header of the files. Download vBulletin 3.8+ and you'll see that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My vB3.8 files all contain the License Number.

                            It's only removed from the JS files.
                            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SNN View Post
                              All vBulletin releases are leaving out the Customer Number from the header of the files. Download vBulletin 3.8+ and you'll see that.
                              Really? Not my copies. From 3.8.3 forumdisplay.php:

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	fdphp.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	3673033

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	fdfooter.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	3673034

                              These are not present in the site in question. And the files are datestamped in February.
                              World War Two Zone

                              JLK Hosting - non-oversold Virtuozzo VPS solutions - specializing in vBulletin and nginx hosting

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X