Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a licensed member here for almost a year before I posted. There are licensed members that joined several years ago and still have less than 50 posts.

Your concept of a new user is flawed.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
      I was a licensed member here for almost a year before I posted. There are licensed members that joined several years ago and still have less than 50 posts.

Your concept of a new user is flawed.
      No it's not mate. You are Licenced. I am talking about UNLICENSED members

I got caught out and infracted the other day all because a new user posted up a thread as he wanted support. Which I gave by accident. He had only 3 posts up.
      He posted in the site feedback thread.

Many newbies who aren't licensed which was the case with this guy the other night who posted was UNLICENSED.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
        How can spammers access the whole board? I only ever see them in 2 or 3 forums.

Andy why shouldn't newbies have access to all forums?
        I have seen spammers on this board, and many of the other boards. They have got the same permissions as what you and I have. Guests can see the board so they will register and post up their stuff.

Newbies who are unlicensed tend to post in the wrong areas.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Unlicensed individuals can only post in 2 or 3 forums. That's it. They cannot post in any other forum. Again, I fail to see why this is an issue. In fact, it's a non-issue. As Wayne stated earlier, the existing permissions work just fine.
          I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
            Newbies who are unlicensed tend to post in the wrong areas.
            Actually, they are limited to posting in very few forums. All of which they can have a legitimate reason to post in. We are happy with the current permssions. If you are not then please feel free to spend time elsewhere.

This thread isn't going to accomplish anything more so its best to close it as well.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X