Postbit Suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sockwater View Post
    I agree, but there is an exception. When you post a one- or two-line response, there is like 4 inches of whitespace wasted underneath, because the left postbit takes up more vertical space.
    True. But since most posts have a bit more meat to them in a true "discussion," the vertical postbit usually doesn't take up that much space. Unless, of course, there is some large avatar.

It would be interesting to see the results of any studies that were done on vertical space and usability of the two different types of postbits.
    Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Samir View Post
      True. But since most posts have a bit more meat to them in a true "discussion," the vertical postbit usually doesn't take up that much space. Unless, of course, there is some large avatar.

It would be interesting to see the results of any studies that were done on vertical space and usability of the two different types of postbits.
      For every post in this thread, except Floris #8, the text of the post would be shorter vertically than the left postbit with a normal sized avatar. Seems like a lot of wasted vertical space unless you have a particular attraction to scrolling.
      ~~~~~

Comment

Wait what, I heard my name? (looks around)

Comment

Each to their own I guess.
          What I have on my forum is the legacy version. Only because I like it that way.
          I don't seem to mind which way the new version goes once it is out. Afterall It's their forum so I am happy to be able to post on it.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
            Still dont quite understand why it cant be switched here - either setting is a vb default, not a modification.
            Because we decided to use the default settings for this aspect of the design. Surely as the administrator of a website, would respect that choice.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Because we decided to use the default settings for this aspect of the design. Surely as the administrator of a website, would respect that choice.
              Being an administrator does not prevent me having a view.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X