Postbit Suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postbit Suggestion.

I suggest that the admins please change the Postbit to Postbit legacy please. It makes a big difference and I would like it that way a lot more and maybe others would too.

We use the vB defaults settings on these forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
      I suggest that the admins please change the Postbit to Postbit legacy please. It makes a big difference and I would like it that way a lot more and maybe others would too.
      In fairness we all have different preferences, I wouldn't mind a nicer looking theme (or my opinion of one) but IB need to keep the forums in a default manner to properly represent it. Anyway, Postbit > Postbit_Legacy
      - TomJames

Comment

When they upgrade the site to version 4 end or after Quarter 2 of this year, it will have the legacy postbit again.

We are working hard and plan to have vBulletin 4.0 released in beta form by the end of Q2 2009.
        http://vbulletin.com/vbulletin4

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          When they upgrade the site to version 4 end or after Quarter 2 of this year, it will have the legacy postbit again.
          Good, I hate this layout, the "legacy" layout is much better.

Still dont quite understand why it cant be switched here - either setting is a vb default, not a modification.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

*off topic* When exactly is Quarter 2?
            Peggy
            ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
              *off topic* When exactly is Quarter 2?
              April 1st - June 30th

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

quarter = 25 (%) out of 100.
                A year has 12 months.

12/4 = left with 3 months periods.

jan/feb/march
                april/may/june
                july/aug/sept
                oct/nov/dec

As per vbcom/vb4 site they plan to have vBulletin 4.0 released in beta form by the end of Q2 2009.

And here you can see a screenshot of the legacy postbit making a return.

Comment

This is an interesting request. I've been doing some research for the re-design and re-launch of my site and I've noticed that the very valuable "vertical space" hasn't changed much in the last few years while "horizontal space" has increased due to widescreen monitors. If you want more forum discussion on a screen, legacy postbit seems the only way to go.

I've even considered increasing the avatar size to a large vertical box so that signatures can be eliminated.
                  Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    Interesting. So vB4 is going to make the 'legacy' layout the default?
                    [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by Samir View Post
                      This is an interesting request. I've been doing some research for the re-design and re-launch of my site and I've noticed that the very valuable "vertical space" hasn't changed much in the last few years while "horizontal space" has increased due to widescreen monitors. If you want more forum discussion on a screen, legacy postbit seems the only way to go.
                      I agree, but there is an exception. When you post a one- or two-line response, there is like 4 inches of whitespace wasted underneath, because the left postbit takes up more vertical space.
                      ~~~~~

Comment

I've always had the impression that postbit (current) provides a good resting point for the eyes as they transistion down the page, and that it helps avoid distractions around the actual meat of the post.

Though I think both have ups and downs, so not really bothered either way.
                        - TomJames

Comment

It's a pity that it can't be set per style so that you can give users the option of which way they want to read it...
                          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                          -
                          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                          - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                          - "Quick Route" Interface...
                          - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Actually there is an easy workaround for this. Just create two styles and copy the contents of the postbit_legacy template in postbit on one style, and vice versa on the other.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just thinking of an easier way for when it comes to upgrades. Have an option in Style Manager for that style rather than having to do template edits every time...
                              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                              -
                              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                              - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                              - "Quick Route" Interface...
                              - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X