Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ what he said ^^...by the way, how's the weather on Jupiter these days Sam?
    RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

• Exactly. This is my worry and all the people saying its none of our business don't get. vBulletin in the heart and soul of my community. If something changes dramatically with vBulletin I have to adjust my entire site around it. When you buy vB you buy into a piece of the culture and the company itself. The health and life of my forum is directly attached to the health and life of vB. Seeing important people leave vB, people respected by members of the community for years leave, and have it just ignored worries me, it worries others, and it will continue to worry us until we know what is going on. It is our right as customers. Everytime you buy a license of vB you not only buy into the software, but you buy into the survival of vB.

To whoevers statement about if someone leaves BMW do we know. If a janitor leaves we don't but if one of there main designer leaves you bet it published. Jelsoft isn't BMW either and shouldn't be compared as such. This is a tight knit community where informtation has always been available until IB came along.

Things at vB are changing and you can be blind to it or not. I am not saying change is bad. It may be the best thing and vB may get better than ever. Maybe Floris won the lottery and is so thankful hes sending me a check for a $1,000,000 dollars .

The bottom line is this. Communication in the last few months here has been terrible. I expect to know the major things that go on at vB. I expect to know why people we see everyday, and have seen for the past 5+ years are gone. More important I need this information because the survival of my website depends on it.

Thank you.

Comment

• Maybe Floris won the lottery and is so thankful hes sending me a check for a $1,000,000 dollars .
        I did not win the lottery

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
          I did not win the lottery
          Well there goes that notion!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boosted Panda View Post
            Exactly. This is my worry and all the people saying its none of our business don't get. vBulletin in the heart and soul of my community. If something changes dramatically with vBulletin I have to adjust my entire site around it. When you buy vB you buy into a piece of the culture and the company itself. The health and life of my forum is directly attached to the health and life of vB. Seeing important people leave vB, people respected by members of the community for years leave, and have it just ignored worries me, it worries others, and it will continue to worry us until we know what is going on. It is our right as customers. Everytime you buy a license of vB you not only buy into the software, but you buy into the survival of vB.

To whoevers statement about if someone leaves BMW do we know. If a janitor leaves we don't but if one of there main designer leaves you bet it published. Jelsoft isn't BMW either and shouldn't be compared as such. This is a tight knit community where informtation has always been available until IB came along.

Things at vB are changing and you can be blind to it or not. I am not saying change is bad. It may be the best thing and vB may get better than ever. Maybe Floris won the lottery and is so thankful hes sending me a check for a $1,000,000 dollars .

The bottom line is this. Communication in the last few months here has been terrible. I expect to know the major things that go on at vB. I expect to know why people we see everyday, and have seen for the past 5+ years are gone. More important I need this information because the survival of my website depends on it.

Thank you.
            Dont get me wrong but Jelsoft was never great on communication before in fact Jelsoft improved tons of things after IB taking over Jelsoft at communicating with members.

Comment

• FYI ;

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308120
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• I don't understand why people would think Floris/Mike would get laid off.. that's ridiculous considering how they were such excellent staff members and have been here for years.

I think there's more behind the scenes changes that the staff are not happy with due to IB making certain changes or something along those lines.. or maybe it's just a coincidence these members left at the same time, who knows .

Comment

• Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                  I don't understand why people would think Floris/Mike would get laid off.. that's ridiculous considering how they were such excellent staff members and have been here for years.
                  I don't understand how people can't take the time to read what has been said by Floris, Mike and Steve over the past few days!
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...
                  - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

• The reason I am not on the team is basically 100% different than Mike's - and I have not been working since end February, it took some time to discuss everything and get things organized (for which I thank Ashley/James and Ray); and I said goodbye to the team internally in April and this month my account was restored to customer. Yes, coincidentally with Mike. I hope this clears a few things up.

Comment

• As per Ray's announcement please note that we will not be discussing staffing decisions on an ad hoc basis. We will be posting all relevant announcements in the Announcements forums.

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for the appreciation (well-deserved) that you have shown both Mike and Floris for all they've contributed over the years.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X