Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Staff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vB Staff

    Are there announcements made about staff at vB?

    Is Floris still part of the vB staff? It says "team" now and he doesn't have a traditional vB avatar.
    Is Jerry no longer on staff? That would be a shame if he's gone. What does that mean for Impex?
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

  • #2
    IIRC, Floris' title has always been 'vBulletin Team'

    Shame about Jerry, though.
    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think we will have some explanations about this.

      I think some changes happens (and I'm not the only one who can think that - you posted about), maybe we could have explanations but I don't think.

      vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

      Next release? Soon(tm)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
        I don't think we will have some explanations about this.

        I think some changes happens (and I'm not the only one who can think that - you posted about), maybe we could have explanations but I don't think.
        I doubt we'll get explanations either, from Jelsoft/IB.

        Not because Jelsoft/IB wish to hide stuff from us, I just think these are matters they do not wish to discuss in public.
        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

        Comment


        • #5
          There's no reason to discuss them in public. Its stricly an internal issue.

          On the flip side,... since people often notice and always ask... they could say that so and so left the company (no reasons needed) and so and so will be taking over or they are hiring a new developer to backfill the position.

          Not sure.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
            There's no reason to discuss them in public. Its stricly an internal issue.

            On the flip side,... since people often notice and always ask... they could say that so and so left the company (no reasons needed) and so and so will be taking over or they are hiring a new developer to backfill the position.

            Not sure.
            So far, people seem to have joined the team that we never knew about (look at how we found out about Ray). If they're not telling us who joined the team, I doubt we're going to hear about who left.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

            Comment


            • #7
              It would be nice to recieve updates on staff changes, like who this is.

              But, I understand that it may be company policy (as in Internet Brands policy, back in the day Jelsoft always made announcements for new staff) to not disclose such information.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                Indeed, it is a bit sad that they don't announce new staff. It was nice when they did, kinda made them seem less like a faceless company and more like a community. Small touches and all that. Oh well.
                - TomJames

                Comment


                • #9
                  His name is still bolded which means that he is part of the vB staff. All staff members on here are mods.
                  Aussiefootyforums

                  New Site New forum
                  Come and talk sports all day long


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dilbert View Post
                    Are there announcements made about staff at vB?

                    Is Floris still part of the vB staff? It says "team" now and he doesn't have a traditional vB avatar.
                    Is Jerry no longer on staff? That would be a shame if he's gone. What does that mean for Impex?
                    I changed my avatar and signature after I said bye to the staff (friends) internally last month.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Meaning you left, or they left?
                      Michael Biddle - Follow me on Twitter!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          me.
                          Hmmm which means you left because you either got another job elsewhere or you have set yourself up at home.
                          Whatever the case you are still one of the most awesome mods on here.
                          Aussiefootyforums

                          New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            still it would be nice to post something in the announcements forum. Like "Jerry, thanks for the 7 years of working for Jelsoft" or something...
                            Originally Posted by Zachery
                            John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

                            Originally Posted by Martin
                            We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              I changed my avatar and signature after I said bye to the staff (friends) internally last month.
                              You left :O?! Wow that's come as a surprise.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X