Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    At the tafe that I go to do my study we all had to make changes to our passwords but we had to include special characters like a . # $ in it.
    It's the best way to go about it. So now we have longer passwords which are harder to crack.

Just out of curiosity, should we just simply delete the emails? Or should we submit them in for analysis, in order to eliminate the website to block future phishing attempts and/or possible legal action by Jelsoft?
    Definately delete them. No point in hanging on to something dodgey like that.

Coming to think of it, I had an email from somebody who impersonated a policeman. I found out that he wasn't a cop because he used a gmail.com email address. I had a look around on some other accounts and found out that it was the same idiot just doing this to people who he hated.

We get constantly told not to reply to dodgey emails.

Leave a comment:

• smackLAN
    replied
    haha...you sound just like me and my wife bigwater

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    I'm so paranoid with my passwords that I keep them on sticky notes stuck to the inside of the door of my safe. I have pretty much a photographic memory, so I can remember the 30 or so that I need to get around, but occasionaly I do have to go look something up.

I landed in the hospital once and the wife had a need to get into some protected space for me, so I figured it just made sense to write them down somewhere, but her suggestion of sticky notes on the side of my monitor just didn't sit well with me. Unfortunately, she can't remember the combination to the safe, so she keeps the combination to the safe on a sticky note on the side of her monitor. DOH!

Leave a comment:

• chiefpontiac
    replied
    Originally posted by TomJames View Post
    I just have a page on my site called passwords.html, far easier way to keep all my passwords easily accessible.

(Joking, obviously.) Anyway, adding random symbols could help, though I don't think it's very likely people will be able to brute force the current passwords cost effectively.
    (Not joking) In reality some people do this, although they might write it in word or notepad. As long as they password protect the file and store it in a removable flash drive they would have some protection. It's bad enough my own computers remember this stuff for me (remember me option) I'm leery of entrusting a third party somewhere on the web to store this data for me.

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    I just have a page on my site called passwords.html, far easier way to keep all my passwords easily accessible.

(Joking, obviously.) Anyway, adding random symbols could help, though I don't think it's very likely people will be able to brute force the current passwords cost effectively.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Why a file and not something like Keepass?
    I wouldn't know, probably cause they don't know about a program called 'Keepass,' such as myself?

Leave a comment:

• BlueFlame
    replied
    Why a file and not something like Keepass?

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    I think the password system should generate random ASCII characters within the 0-9a-zA-Z range, and the whole "[email protected]#$%^&*()_+-=[]{}|\;:"'.,<>?/" thing...
    Half the people here save their passwords to a file anyways, I'm almost sure of that.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Maybe we should be allowed to change our password to something that we already know and something that other people don't know and can't guess because at the moment we get a bunch of letters and numbers which makes it too easy for spammers and phishing to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by SNN View Post
    Best way to phishing a site, posting it on the main site.
    In addition to the obvious banning of this moron, his domain name is also now censored.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Actually that announcement was in response to someone being stupid enough to try and post a phishing attempt on our forums.
    Best way to phishing a site, posting it on the main site.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    Phinshing attempts can be very powerful and pursuasive, i almost fell for one once.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Actually that announcement was in response to someone being stupid enough to try and post a phishing attempt on our forums.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...36#post1699036

Aren't these phishing attempts usually conducted via email?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What emails?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X