This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell vBulletin License

Are people allowed to advertise vBulletin licenses for sale here at all, and if so, where please?
    [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

We do not allow this. You can list it on sites like Sitepoint.com's Marketplace or Webhostingtalk.com. I think you might be able to do so at TheAdminzone.com as well but not 100% positive.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

There's a marketplace on my site vbfans.com too where we allow it. It lists both people looking and selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        We do not allow this. You can list it on sites like Sitepoint.com's Marketplace or Webhostingtalk.com. I think you might be able to do so at TheAdminzone.com as well but not 100% positive.
        The admin zone, wow, did not know you guys promoted that site here

and yes
        http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=29

however, make sure your license meets the requirements to be sold and that you have permission from the vb staff.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfalcon View Post
          The admin zone, wow, did not know you guys promoted that site here

and yes
          http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=29

however, make sure your license meets the requirements to be sold and that you have permission from the vb staff.
          We don't promote it. We unofficially recommend it, based on the fact it's known they have a marketplace for it.

Comment

Selling vB 4 suite license

I want to sell my vB 4 suite, I have never used it and probably never will. How do I know if I am allowed to sell it? What is getting permission from vB staff?

Also theadminzone asks you to be a paying member to sell on their forum. BOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by aaronater View Post
              I want to sell my vB 4 suite, I have never used it and probably never will. How do I know if I am allowed to sell it? What is getting permission from vB staff?

Also theadminzone asks you to be a paying member to sell on their forum. BOOOO
              I started this procedure on doing this but I don't really know where to sell it, theadminzone charges for it and I don't really have much to begin with. Just submit a ticket with vB as long as you are the original owner and did not buy it from anyone else besides vB.

Comment

As per the forums rules you cannot offer anything for sale on our forums, including licenses.

You can contact us via a support ticket to see if your license is eligible for transfer.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok If some one was hypothetically considering selling a 4x forum licence that they have owned for over 3 months could this be done on ebay ?

Is the buyer subject to any prerequisites like the ownership of a domain name before a transfer can take place ?
                  After it is paid for what then ? Is it simply open a support ticket and request transfer

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum119 View Post
                    Ok If some one was hypothetically considering selling a 4x forum licence that they have owned for over 3 months could this be done on ebay ?
                    You could do it wherever you like - the transaction is nothing to do with us and we will not get involved in any disputes arising.

Is the buyer subject to any prerequisites like the ownership of a domain name before a transfer can take place ?
                    No.

After it is paid for what then ? Is it simply open a support ticket and request transfer
                    Yes.
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...
                    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

thanks

Comment

Well I am glad to say that it is sold, The amount of hoops that one has to jump through is absurd but I suppose at the end of the day they would rather sell a licence than transfer one.
                        Ok so get ready for me becoming active in this forum if it is of a negative nature and maybe bumping old threads. Why, because vB wont delete my forum account
                        Maybe vB thinks that oh I really don't care what vB thinks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X