Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notification saying to read the site saying where to report nulled versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification saying to read the site saying where to report nulled versions?

Since it seems quite a lot of people still use this forum as a place to report people's forums for running nulled versions of vBulletin, I think Jelsoft personally should add a notification for all new members saying to read said topic if you have joined to report a pirated copy of vBulletin or something on the home page, because it's obvious many aren't reading the sticky topics...
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

We made a sticky thread with info, they didn't read that. I doubt they read other notifications.

Comment

Not many people do read sticky notifications. Notices are... well, more noticable.

Comment

We still have people ask why they cannot post.

Comment

As many as you would without the notice?

People are stupid, no doubt. But it can't hurt to have the notice, can it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            We still have people ask why they cannot post.

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
            As many as you would without the notice?

People are stupid, no doubt. But it can't hurt to have the notice, can it?
            I don't think you read what Zachery was saying .. yes, people do not seem to even notice them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3671615
            Last edited by Floris; Fri 25 Jul '08, 10:32pm.

Comment

I did read it. You just missed my point.

How high would the incidence of people be asking how to verify their account if you just relied on the sticky. The notice under the navbar is infinately more noticable than a sticky.

Comment

Like I said twice now .. people don't read the notices.. It's one of the first few things you get to read on the forum (see screenshot) .. and we still get the questions. Adding more will not help.

Comment

Again you missed my point. I'll just leave it.

Have a nice day.

Comment

I did read it. You just missed my point.

How high would the incidence of people be asking how to verify their account if you just relied on the sticky. The notice under the navbar is infinately more noticable than a sticky.
                    Then maybe we are both missing each others?

You say that we'd get less asking about why people can't post if we had a notice, but we DO have a notice. People still ask.

Comment

I think Jelsoft personally should add a notification for all new members saying to read said topic if you have joined to report a pirated copy of vBulletin or something on the home page
                      OP is not talking about people who cannot receive support. He is talking about how to report pirated vBulletin.

Yes, people still ask how to receive support - but i'd bet without the notice the incidence of posts asking that very question would be much higher.

Same deal with the OP's suggestion. The more obvious the answer to the question, the less people will ask it.

Comment

We used the "asking for support" as an example to compare against.

And as we said, we never had a notice, but with the new feature we put it up ... but we still get the questions. I have not noticed a decrease.

I expect the same for putting up a notice for how to report piracy.

Because, to be honest, the http://www.vbulletin.com/ frontpage, left column has a direct link for people who wish to report piracy. It's not hard to miss. Each page in the footer has a link to the site map, which contains the link. And the site feedback forum has it as a sticky thread.

Even if the notice is helping a little (for asking support) I wouldn't want to clutter that up with putting up more notices, for example say piracy reports.

Comment

You were very unclear that it was an example.

Even so, i'm staying with what I said.

Comment

There has been no noticeable reduction in the number of people asking why they cannot post since the notice was added. There probably won't be a change in people reporting Piracy either.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              There has been no noticeable reduction in the number of people asking why they cannot post since the notice was added. There probably won't be a change in people reporting Piracy either.
                              Maybe that's a sign that there could be room for options to make select notices far more invasive than they are today? Options that would make people drawn to the notices rather than just skip over them?
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment